3. Norwegian Gem
We were traveling with friends that had never cruised before and figured that the Boston to Bermuda would be a first great cruise for them. We got to the terminal nice and early and sailed through security and check-in and patiently waited for board. Once we got on board, we were the first ones in O'Sheehans for lunch. O'Sheehans is my least favorite restaurant on the ship but everyone else enjoyed their lunch. After lunch, we were off to explore. I'm partial to the Dawn, the Gem is a beautiful ship that has some cool spots that the Dawn doesn't have, ie., The Great Outdoors. I loved spending time back there. Once our cabins were available, we went to check them out. Our friends had a balcony stateroom. This trip we had an inside cabin. It is my second time in an inside cabin but it was my husband's first time and he wasn't sure how he was going to feel about it. He ended up not finding it too bad. Just keep the bathroom light on and the door shut and enough light comes out. Also, bring a clock with a light to put next to your bed so you can see what time it is. We usually book a balcony stateroom but seeing this was my third cruise of the year, the inside was just going to have to do. :-) Not to mention, I literally left the room in the morning and didn't come back until bed time! Our friends enjoyed their balcony stateroom. The food was amazing. There was never any shortage of something to eat. Cagney's was amazing, per usual. The Orchid Garden was also great. Moderno's left us in a meat coma. One of our server's at Magenta's, Alexandria, was amazing. She was so attentive. Actually, all of the servers were great. We never left any restaurant feeling less than satisfied. The entertainment was great. We saw Blazing Boots and Let's Get Down Tonight and loved both of them. I love the grand finale and I hope they don't get rid of that. I would have liked to see a crew talent show, but I don't think they do that anymore. Karaoke was okay. The sound was better this trip but they need to work on song selections (Ferdie did say they were getting a new company for that, so we shall see). Bandeoke was a blast. Music in the different bars was always good. All in all, it was a great trip. My complaints are minimal; did not like having to sign for the towels. The whole process looked disorganized so I don't know how they really tracked it. Our room steward never introduced himself (my husband was totally fine with that) but I like making the small talk. Other than that, I have nothing bad to say and can't wait until the next one!

Another great cruise!

singsong01’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Gem price drops

Inside
Cabin ID 8527
The cabin was totally fine. Just leave the bathroom light on with the door shut and the amount of light is perfect.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins