• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

helliottcruise
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jul 2019
Cabin:
Lizard Island near sunset.

My cruise with Coral Expeditions began with their smooth and generous handling of my travel delays. They went above and beyond to make sure I could embark as planned. Because of my delayed arrival, I did not get to see anything of Cairns.

The cruise itself went from Cairns to Cooktown and then along the Great Barrier Reef and back to Cairns, departing Monday evening and returning Friday morning.

The first night featured a spectacular buffet dinner in the comfortable dining room, where I met my fellow cruisers. There were only 22 of us, so everyone was able to meet and mingle. The other guests ranged from a family (grandparents, parents, and ten-year-old) to several retired singles and couples to a couple of middle-aged vacationers (including me). Everyone but me was Australian; I am American. We all got along swimmingly.

Response from JeffG, Digital Executive

Thank you for such a wonderfully detailed review! It's lovely to read your recount of each day exploring the Great Barrier Reef with us. We are glad you enjoyed your cruise, and we look...

Port Reviews

Cairns

I arrived late and thus was not able to enjoy Cairns; however, the airport was excellent and my experience in port was exceptional (given how Coral Expeditions went above and beyond to help me get to the ship).

Find a cruise