3. Anthem of the Seas
Like Royal Caribbean and intereted in the New England/Canada itinerary. Only 2nd cruise on the new mega ships and both were very crowded by our standards. RC did a good job of embarkation at Port Liberty. Port much improved from our last trip from this port. Lunch on embarkation day reminded me of why I planned on using an open dining room, however ship so large it was hard to get acclimated so we settled on boufet. Extemely crowded but food was fine. Shows were good but you needed reservations to be seated. Okay if you plan ahead. After 20 cruises I never did get the idea of "my time dining". I found it very confusing. Traditional dining option was "unavailable" even though we booked cruise 10 months in advance? Ship was very clean with more modern decor then some of the prettier older ships. Stateroom #6218 was a BE obstructed view balcony. The room was fine. Large enough with adequate storage and well maintained. The obstructed view part will be a deal breaker for us in the future. I will add a couple of photos to show what I mean. View was bad enough but then the life boat we looked at had a spot light on it all night long and the boat was high pressure washed every night about 4:00 AM. Boat was about 15 feet from our bed and we were awaken every night by this washing. Ports were interesting but always very crowded and not always well organized. I guess this is the future with the mega ships. Service was always good and appreciated whether our room steward or waiters.

September 2019 9 day New England and Canada

pearson767’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas price drops

Obstructed Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 1E
Cabin fine, balcony view poor. Realy "obstructed".
Deck 6 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins