3. Carnival Sensation
I am embarrassed to admit that this is my 8th cruise, but my 1st review. I finally decided to write a review for 2 reasons. because I have had the benefit of reading other reviews to help me make a decision and also, because I had trouble finding recent reviews of the Sensation. We did faster to the fun for the first time. Wasn't sure if it was really necessary on a smaller ship but it was pretty cheap so we decided to go for it. We arrived a few minutes before 11am and literally walked onto the ship. Probably took no more than 15 minutes for embarkation. It also came in handy when we needed to go to guest services a couple of times. The regular line was pretty long, but not ours. I have been on her sister ship so I knew what to expect. Yes, it's and older ship. Yes, it's a smaller ship, that isn't always a bad thing, if you ask me. It has the 2.0 upgrades like the Alchemy bar and Guy's burger joint. Easier to find your people on a smaller ship. We were in an ocean view this time. Hard to go back to an ocean view after being on a balcony for our last several cruises. I received a pretty good promotion from the casino and it was only for an ocean view. Our room was clean and our steward took great care of us. It was a very diverse crowd on the ship which we really enjoyed. Everyone was fun and friendly and in a good mood. We often had the Alchemy bar and the sea day brunch to ourselves. Never a wait for the main dining room either. Our Cruise director was fabulous! He was a great singer and dancer and was so much fun! Food was always good and they even made something for me that isn't on the menu anymore for the sea day brunch. That made me so happy! We always get the cheers package and we enjoy trying new drinks and decent wine. If you are hanging out in the same bar area for a while. Throw your bartender some tips and he/she will make sure your glass is always full with a strong drink. Would I sail the sensation again? Yes, absolutely! In fact, I wish I was there right now!

Small ship, fabulous time!

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by my kids mama

my kids mama’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Sensation price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6D
It was just fine. Walls were fairly thin. I heard my neighbors more than I remember on other cruises. There is an adjoining door for the cabin next door if that is important to you.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins