We recently returned from our Norwegian Bliss cruise to the Mexican Rivera. These are our thoughts:
1. Embarkation was extremely efficient and quick.
2. Be prepared to wait for the elevators, which aren't conveniently located if you are mid-ship.
3. By prepared to pay for things like: race car driving, laser tag, bowling, gelato, coco's, cabaret, etc.
4. The food in Savor and Taste were average at best.
5. We dined at: Cagney's, Le Bistro, The Cucina, Teppanyaki, and Ocean Blue. These restaurants were absolutely outstanding and we would HIGHLY recommend them.
6. The Garden Cafe was a go-to for breakfast and lunch. There was a nice variety of selections, and the food quality and taste were great.
7. The shows: Jersey Boys was Excellent. Six was Good. Happy Hour Prohibition was $39 and not worth it. You're served 5 mini-cocktails laced with sugar overload and the entertainment factor is something equivalent to a high school show production. The Cavern Club featuring the Beatles were good. The Comedy Shows were good. 2 of the 3 comedians were funny. The other was boring.
8. The ship is very large so be prepared to wait and wait and wait.
9. Reserve dining and entertainment quickly or it will be sold out.
10. We had the mini-suite with balcony. The bathroom was nicely equipped with a dual vanity and large shower. The room was spacious with very comfortable beds and pillows. We did not like the fact that you can't charge your phones if your not in the room. The electric shuts off if your Key Card is not inserted.
11. Cabin Steward and Cruise Director Team were very nice. Bar and Dining- with the exception of speciality dining and washy washy team- were not very friendly at all.
12. We took three excursions: Luxury Sailing with Snorkeling in Cabo- was awesome. Private Beach Resort in Mazatlan- Outstanding. City Tour of Puerto Vallarta- Avoid.
13. The Norwegian Bliss is the 10 largest ship in the world, so just be prepared for large crowds who are impatient. Norwegian does a great job of trying to make as much seating available and to ensure spots like the Garden Cafe do have plenty of stations. If you meet someone, the chances of running into them again is unlikely.
14. There are plenty of places onboard to get a drink. There are bars nearly everywhere. Don't expect a straw, plastic or paper, which makes drinking a frozen drink difficult.
15. The food in Savor/Taste were just average. We dined once for breakfast and once for dinner.
16. Use the NCL app when you get onboard. It's a great resource.
17. Use your stateroom TV to reserve shows, specialty dining, onboard activities, and shore excursions. It's much more convenient.
18. There was a medical incident onboard and the team reacted quickly and professionally. It was reassuring.
19. The onboard activities were engaging and fun. We really enjoyed them.
20. You get the impression that NCL is always trying to sell you something.
21. I yearn for the days when you can buy a package and EVERYTHING is included. The Deluxe Beverage package did not include water/soda/Starbucks.
22. Norwegian Bliss does have their Disembarking to a science. It was efficient and organized.
Overall, we enjoyed the cruise and there is some room for improvement. We wish the staff were more friendly. We sailed on Royal Caribbean in February and that team were so awesome even after a 8 month stint.
We had the mini-suite with balcony. The bathroom was nicely equipped with a dual vanity and large shower. The room was spacious with very comfortable beds and pillows. The balcony was large enough and private enough and allowed us to capture some wonderful sunrises and sunsets. A little tight getting around from the sleeping area to the sofa. We wish there was a small coffee table in the living space.
We did not like the fact that you can't charge your phones if your not in the room. The electric shuts off if your Key Card is not inserted.
So awesome. Beautiful beach and 5 swimming pools with lunch and cocktails included.View All undefined undefined Reviews
Avoid. Not much time to shop UNLESS you want to go to one jewelry store. The bathroom on the bus had no water, no soap, and no toilet paper. If you sat in the back, you didn't hear anything as the intercom didn't work.View All 71 City Tour Reviews
GO! Awesome day on the water with a brief 1 hour stop for snorkeling. A little snack before sailing out and then unlimited cocktails with a wonderful chef prepared meal of ceviche, salad, pasta, breads, and fruits. The staff was fantastic.View All undefined undefined Reviews