3. Marella Explorer
Chose a junior suite for our trip around the Fjords. The weather and ports were faultless - For that reason we are glad we went. This ship and staff - appalling. Self service at best No service at worse OR indeed - glasses stomped down on bar Barmen swearing and indeed backchat in their own language And just so boring.. Missed the buzzers and bells of a big ship The officers never acknowledge you - walked by head down - In twenty years of cruising I have seldom met such a rude crew Cabin steward was first class - as always - the workforce are the best - but unfortunately are lead by a dreary Captain who is well past his Best Before Date. Music and entertainment ... think 1980s Hi-De-Hi level. Nice Gin Bar spoiled by being adjacent to an open doorway on to the smoking area, As a non smoker (and yes, reformed ex smoker) I found it such a shame as it was the one nice bar I enjoyed, and could get a decent drink Premium all inclusive was good for quality drinks (when you could find one) and canned drinks + water. Dining - forget it - worst ever - options very limited I would not repeat Marella and after twenty years of cruising it takes a lot to deter me from not giving something another try Final straw in debarkation - complete and absolute shambles - Alongside P&O .. (even worse dare I say it?) Booked Norwegian for 2020 - they value their guests and their ships are real ships - not dated old boats which were retired by decent lines long ago.. Like their ships.. Marella is history for me!

2nd Marella experience - never again

Marella Explorer Cruise Review by Blondie008

Chose a junior suite for our trip around the Fjords.

The weather and ports were faultless -

For that reason we are glad we went.

This ship and staff - appalling.

Self service at best

No service at worse OR indeed - glasses stomped down on bar

Barmen swearing and indeed backchat in their own language

And just so boring..

Missed the buzzers and bells of a big ship

Music and entertainment ... think 1980s Hi-De-Hi level.

Dining - forget it - worst ever - options very limited

Final straw in debarkation - complete and absolute shambles -

Alongside P&O .. (even worse dare I say it?)

Like their ships.. Marella is history for me!
Blondie008’s Full Rating Summary
Get Marella Explorer price drops

Beautiful cabin - but no perks for being the second highest level of room on board
Not a single perk - zero
...