3. AmaDante
We chose this cruise because our preferred cruise line, Windstar, doesn’t have river cruises. We also enjoy Tauck, but an AmEx agent convinced me AMA has the best river cruises. We are right now on the last two days of the Rivers and Castles cruise. The sites have been amazing- I can’t imagine a better itinerary. But a cruise is more than just sites. It is also the means of transportation, the food, the service and the general social aspect of the whole trip. First- I want to tell you not to bother paying an up charge for a balcony. Second and third floors all have large sliding windows. Our room and bath are very small, which is ok but not great. The bed is ok comfortable. The sheets and towels are very nice and the young woman who cares for our room is great. The excursions are great. But, the dining room and food are the pits- not quite as bad as school cafeteria, but almost. The carpet in the dining room is really dirty. The first night the servers were dropping and breaking things constantly. It was a loud, crazy, messy scene. Some of the food is above average, but most of it is NOT good. The servers are in such a hurry they throw food in front of you and start removing things before you have time to eat. They scrape plates and stack dirty dishes in front of guests like a cheap diner. Before dinner is even over they clear food out and start making up tables around you for the next day. It is tea time right now For the third day in a row, the cake that was set out is frozen solid. I broke into a cupcake that was so dry it was inedible. I like the staff, although, because they are mostly Slavic, they are not very friendly or have any sense of humor. Yes, I know they work hard for long hours. I hope management pays well. And we tip generously. But, we PAY for this trip and should receive gracious services. Anyway, my advice is- use ama for a great itinerary, not a magnificent journey. We have been spoiled by getting all the best from Windstar. I have photos but am unable to add them from my phone.

The Good and the Bad

AmaDante Cruise Review by VetteCity

• Sail Date: October 2019
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Stateroom with French Balcony
AmaWaterways, Manager, Customer Engagement has responded
Dear VetteCity, Thank you for taking the time to share your insights regarding your experience with AmaWaterways. We regret to learn our service came up short of your cruising expectations. We take your feedback seriously and will make conscious efforts to improve. We truly appreciate your comments, as it helps us to identify areas in need of enhancement. We would appreciate the opportunity to hear more about your experience; if you wish to share please contact customerealtions@amawaterways.com Warm Regards From all of us at AmaWaterways
VetteCity’s Full Rating Summary
Get AmaWaterways AmaDante price drops

Stateroom with French Balcony
Cabin A+
Very small room and bath.
Violing Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins