3. Norwegian Bliss
Having previously sailed on the Bliss in the Caribbean, we looked forward to the Pacific Coastal cruise so much we even convinced a friend of ours to book a cabin on the cruise. Boy were we disappointed. Standing in line winding outdoors and indoors for over 2 1/2 hours to get our room cards and board the ship. There was no place to sit or rest until we were more than 2 hours into the process. No one from NCL seemed to care. When we finally got onboard (after 10 pm) the only place to get some food was the buffet....where nearly 4,000 of our fellow passengers were trying to do the same thing. Then we were told the first port of call, Seattle, was cancelled because there was not enough time to process the passengers through immigration so we would spend an overnight in Victoria BC. Why NCL created an itinerary that requires two separate US immigration stops is beyond me. (Vancouver to Seattle to Victoria BC to San Francisco before ending in Los Angeles). We wondered about that part of the itinerary when we booked the cruise but apparently NCL did not. Victoria BC has no amenities near the cruise terminal and no entertainment area either. To make matters worse, only 3 bars were allowed to be open due to local restrictions so drink service at our specialty restaurant was negatively impacted as the closet bar was 7 floors away. Our tour guide told us it was the first time he could recall a ship staying overnight in the 20 years he had been in the town. On the 3rd day of the 6 day cruise we finally sailed so the shops/bars/casinos could be open. Things were looking up...or so we thought. Unfortunately the next cruise port (San Francisco) was another frustrating experience as we technically arrived at 8 am but we were not able to get off the ship until after noon (with another 45 minutes of standing in line after our floor was called to disembark. So much for a full day in San Francisco. The Bliss is a beautiful ship but it is NOT capable of handling the number of passengers it carries when those passengers are indoors. The employees did not seem to give much effort to making our trip enjoyable. Maybe the attitude of frustrated passengers caused them to become defensive. We have already talked three other couples who inquired about our trip to stay away from NCL Bliss for this itinerary. When I wrote to NCL customer service to express my frustrations with their efforts, they brushed me off and did not offer what I really wanted most...acknowledgement that they did not provide the level of service their customers deserved. It may very well be my last NCL cruise.

The worst cruise experience in over 20 years of cruising

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by JeffreyD

It may very well be my last NCL cruise.
JeffreyD’s Full Rating Summary