3. Carnival Freedom
We normally cruise Royal. We've been wanting to see the Bahamas and like departing from Galveston because we can drive there easily, so we thought we would try Carnival. We traveled with four other families for a total of 15 people. Carnival does some things better. We liked the food, the kids club, and the entertainment were all impressive compared to Royal. The ship layout is horrible though. The buffet was disappointing and the volume of the music and PA on the pool deck made conversation impossible. Even our kids wanted to leave after the music got cranked up. Royal has better onboard ship features and activities. This ship had problems with sewage, water pressure, and air conditioning. My biggest complaint was the smoke from the casino poured out into decks 3,4 and 5 where all the activities and clubs were. My biggest compliment goes to the crew. Everyone was very nice and helpful. I was impressed that even the stage show performers seemed to enjoy interacting with the passengers. That was something I have never seen from Royal. Will probably still prefer Royal over Carnival, but might give them a try on one of their newer ships.

First Cruise on Carnival - Great Itinerary, So-So Ship

Ages 13 to 15
Get Carnival Freedom price drops

Scenic Ocean View
Cabin 6J
Spacious ocen view with a floor to ceiling window looking out the front of the ship. This is our favorite cabins period. Nice chairs provide a great seating area to read or drink a glass of wine and enjoy the ocean rolling by. Lots of room even with our two kids sleeping on the sofa.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins