AmaDante Cruise Review

AmaDante Cruise Review by Yankeefan21

• Sail Date: Oct 2019
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Stateroom with French Balcony

We had previously cruised Amawaterways on the Danube two years ago and were impressed by the level of service and excellent food so we opted to book again. This time we chose the Rhine and Main waterways. Even though we were on Amawaterways oldest ship, the AmaDante, it was exquisitely maintained and the smaller ship made for a more intimate cruise. We had a group of 18 on this trip and everyone totally enjoyed themselves. The food and service were again exemplary, the cabin was fine and the shower was outstanding. I did appreciate that Ama now offers and exercise coordinator on the ship, although I must confess, even though I had intended on taking part in the daily regimen, I never made it. Several of our group did make each and every session and totally enjoyed it. The local guides that Ama arranged were excellent, knowledgeable, and funny. Ports were interesting, although I would rank the Danube cruise as a more scenic waterway. The Rhine is very commercial and not scenic, the Main is scenic but the number of locks you traverse cuts into your free time in the towns. The WiFi is very spotty throughout the cruise. I would highly recommend Amawaterways for your river cruise experience. We put down a deposit for a future cruise while we we were on this one.

Yankeefan21's Full Rating Summary

Stateroom with French Balcony

Cabin is a typical river cruise size, tight but acceptable. The shower is a multihued unit with exceptional water pressure. The TV provides limited usage as the signal tends to break up. The dod have movies available on the TV. Obviously this is not the main reason for cruising, but a nice add on.

Basel

We did not take a tour, this was our embarkation port

Palace Rohan

The Palace is more of a summer hunting lodge, not the glamour that you might expect from a palace. The grounds would be beautiful in the spring, when we were there, not much in bloom

View All 2 Palace Rohan Reviews
Rudesheim

Very nice town, hiked up through the vineyards. Have coffee and beer in town.

Wurzburg

Beautiful medieval town, probably my favorite port on the trip.

Bamberg

Interesting medieval town, did a smoked beer tasting and licorice.

Yankeefan21