3. AmaDante
We had previously cruised Amawaterways on the Danube two years ago and were impressed by the level of service and excellent food so we opted to book again. This time we chose the Rhine and Main waterways. Even though we were on Amawaterways oldest ship, the AmaDante, it was exquisitely maintained and the smaller ship made for a more intimate cruise. We had a group of 18 on this trip and everyone totally enjoyed themselves. The food and service were again exemplary, the cabin was fine and the shower was outstanding. I did appreciate that Ama now offers and exercise coordinator on the ship, although I must confess, even though I had intended on taking part in the daily regimen, I never made it. Several of our group did make each and every session and totally enjoyed it. The local guides that Ama arranged were excellent, knowledgeable, and funny. Ports were interesting, although I would rank the Danube cruise as a more scenic waterway. The Rhine is very commercial and not scenic, the Main is scenic but the number of locks you traverse cuts into your free time in the towns. The WiFi is very spotty throughout the cruise. I would highly recommend Amawaterways for your river cruise experience. We put down a deposit for a future cruise while we we were on this one.

Another excellent Amawaterways cruise

AmaDante Cruise Review by Yankeefan21

• Sail Date: October 2019
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Stateroom with French Balcony
AmaWaterways, Manager, Customer Engagement has responded
Dear Yankeefan21, Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed sailing on AmaDante, tasting our culinary options, and unwinding in our stateroom showers. We are also delighted to hear your group members enjoyed our Wellness Activities and hope you'll have a chance to participate during your next cruise! We are thrilled you had another memorable experience on board; it is always our goal to make each guest feel special as if they are staying at a second home. Thank you again for your feedback, we're already looking forward to welcoming you back on board! Warm regards, From all of us at AmaWaterways
Yankeefan21’s Full Rating Summary
Get AmaWaterways AmaDante price drops

Stateroom with French Balcony
Cabin A
Cabin is a typical river cruise size, tight but acceptable. The shower is a multihued unit with exceptional water pressure. The TV provides limited usage as the signal tends to break up. The dod have movies available on the TV. Obviously this is not the main reason for cruising, but a nice add on.
Violing Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins