Norwegian Sun Cruise Review

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by bottesch123

• Sail Date: Oct 2019
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony

My husband and I booked this cruise to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We have cruised before on Carnival, Celebrity and Disney. This was the first cruise since our honeymoon without the kids. My husband and I heard good things about Norwiegian and were looking forward to it. The check in experience was pleasant and quick. We sat down to wait for boarding and saw other people had maps of the ship. My husband and I went back to check in and got one. Getting on the ship ws easy enough however, once we boarded no one new where to go, where we were allowed and no staff was giving anyone any direction. The staff said welcome and then let all of the patrons wander aimlessly. The staff stopped people that were going to places they were not allowed but gave no direction. I finally asked where are we allowed to go? Once we were told we could eat luch my husband and I went to the dining room. I asked about how a selection on the menu was prepared. The server could not answer. This was a regular occurance in the main dining room.

The whole cruise took this tone. Service was lacking and slow. The agents even assigned to guest services could not answer simple questions. Bartenders complained about long hours and telling customers rudley to wait. My husband and I never even met our room steward or knew his/her name. There was nothing on this cruise to make you feel special just that we were inconvienent and they are overworked. One staff member Donna was spectacular. When we had a horrible anniversary dinner in the specialty dinning restaurant the Bistro she invited us back and made it right. She was caring and took pride in her job

At the spa I got a facial with a skin analysis and didn't receive all the services. At the end when I got my bill we were charged $48 for drinks that were included in our package. It took 20 min to get it cleared up and we were late leaving the ship. Truly worst cruise ever!!!

bottesch123's Full Rating Summary

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BA 9251

Spacious and clean. The room was very nice and pleasent. We had no issues.

bottesch123