3. Grandeur of the Seas
. A week prior to boarding we got an email that said due to a coast guard inspection don't show up until noon - no big deal. The boat did not leave until midnight The coast guard was interested in some cracks in the center. Non mechanical but you wonder. They canceled all shore tours in Boston. Went to Portland and then to Bar Harbor which they canceled because their "life boats" couldn't tender because of the winds Then they announced that Saint Johns had been canceled even though the weather for the following day was 50, 6MPH and cloudy. So they decide to go BACK to Boston - are you kidding me. Back to boston then we hiked it all the way back to Halifax. Due to a tropical depression we were then late into Baltimore by 7 hours. The boat is aged and can't support a cold weather cruise. seating everywhere is limited. This is ridiculous they make you eat at the Windjammer but there is never enough seating when you get on. Please just open a dining room. We have been on over 15 cruises and the food was awful in the dining room and the buffet. We had to purchase Specialty dining to get something decent to eat. How can they ruin desserts. Everything was bad. That is the worst food we ever have had. The room was okay, we did an inside because I knew the weather would be cold and windy. The room steward was great. The room sucked. They make the bed up and on one side is barely enough room to get by. I fell the first day before we even left because I was putting things away and my foot got caught in that little space and I went flying into a little table. I went to the doctors. That place is okay but I wouldn't want to be dying and be at sea. Everything is old in there and they didn't even have a gown for me to put on. The xray machine was from 1950. Anyway I came home had xray done again. No broken ribs but it is three plus weeks and I am still suffering from rib pain. The entire cruise I was in Pain. Our waiters were also great. It seems that every time the ship would make an announcement they were wrong or didn't want to tell us what was going on up front. If they said we were pulling in late and would be there at 12, we got there at 3. We did get refunded for two days but really. The cruise was boring. The food was bad. The entertainment was typical. Everyplace was crowded. The boat needs a makeover and a new chef. Also since this seems to have happened before maybe RC should avoid any October cruises or get a better boat. I am not interested in cruising on RC ever.

Nightmare cruise

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by everyonerides

Our waiters were also great.

I am not interested in cruising on RC ever.
everyonerides’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas price drops

Interior
Cabin 2V 2123
Cabin needs a makeover and made safer.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins