• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Explorer Dream Review

Editor Rating
1 Award

Took a gamble, ignored problems had a good time

Review for Explorer Dream to Asia
oldgrumps
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Oct 2019
Cabin:

Seemed like good value offer, had concern about the age of the ship (1999) but schedule fitted into ours.I don't know where the $54 million restoration was spent but all I could see for the money was the upgraded Palace Suites, there was a lot of painted rust around the ship.

Our holiday got off to a shaky start when were booked into a hotel in Singapore when we were really flying to Shanghai where we were to spend 3 nights before the cruise, luckily I picked up the error when I was organising tours in Shanghai.

Tried to check in online with Dream Cruises but was not able to do so or book excursions before leaving home. When in transit in Singapore the company handling our transfer to hotel wanted to know where we were ,our agent had not cancelled with them after being notified of the hotel error.

Cabin Balcony

Average size cabin,felt smaller than those on other lines. Small wardrobe and four drawers, sliding doors on wardrobe broken, bathroom OK, shower was a good size, tap water drinkable for first week the had to drink bottle water. Comfortable bed unusable balcony because of smoking policy and smokers on both sides.

Cabin steward David was a great great guy from Vietnam, always trying to be friendly and helpful.

12 Helpful Votes