3. Monarch Governess
I was on the Budapest to Amsterdam Gate 1 Monarch Governess in October. There are practically no reviews. I promised to write a review as soon as I got back home, here it is. The ship was clean and modern, the cabin spacious enough, (the shower a bit small). We had a cabin on the middle level with a sliding glass door and railing. The views from the cabin while cruising were lovely. The room had a small fridge to keep your wine cool. We were very fortunate to have the best cruise director, Bart from Amsterdam. There is no one who can compare with the talent he has for his job. Both Bart and the activities director, Nad, were called in very short notice for our cruise. I can't believe how lucky we were to have these two guys for our two week cruise. What enthusiasm and talent they both have. Now to the rest of the staff, I believe they are with the ship for the season. All were excellent. The bartenders, the wait staff, the room steward/stewardess, all doing a wonderful job. The food was delicious. Marcus was our chef and Cameron the dessert chef. There is a good variety of food for all meals, breakfast and lunch being buffet with something for everyone. Dinner is a meal served by waiters, with 3 choices, plus wine or beer. You can sit where ever you like, no assigned seats. Dinner started at 7 and was usually over by 8:30-8:45. You can go to the lounge after dinner for drinks or dancing, some games, etc. Nad kept the action going. The mornings are usually when the tours take off, depending on the city/village. Most days we were off the ship and with our walking tour or on our bus by 8:30 or 9. We were most always back on the ship for lunch around 12. Occasionally we would sail in the morning and have an afternoon tour. We opted for 2 additional tours. The night time tour in Vienna of classical musicians, dancers and singers, with a break in the middle for champagne on the outside terrace. I am very happy we chose to do this tour, it was something I will always remember. Our second optional tour was to Rothenburg, a charming walled town, not to be missed. There is a small lounge in the back of the ship that is great for getting coffee/tea anytime. There are sweets and fruit there, as well as games, puzzles. A few would go there for early coffee, or to get together with friends while sailing. Two afternoons, local entertainers came on board to give us a show. We went through 68 locks on this trip. Many at night. I traveled with friends and family on this cruise. All of us agreed it was one of the best trips we've taken.

A fun filled adventure with amazing staff and beautiful scenery.

Monarch Governess Cruise Review by SFO-F/A

Two afternoons, local entertainers came on board to give us a show.

We went through 68 locks on this trip. Many at night.

SFO-F/A’s Full Rating Summary