3. MSC Seaside
I was extremely disappointed in the level of service on the Seaside after having experienced the Divina in October 2014. One of the bigger issues that I had with the ship was in terms of service was I felt as if MSC was more interested in selling me package upgrades rather than servicing me. The two prime examples would be drink packages upgrades and dinner packages. We had barely settled in on the ship in the Champagne Bar area waiting for our cabin to be available when someone comes by flashing the cards for drink packages upgrades and dinner packages followed by more people. There were at least three people who came by to sell its drink packages before anybody came by to sell us a drink. This was worse on Deck 16 in the area around the whirlpools as I saw a multitude of people trying to sell me drink packages up until Tuesday (Day 4 of the Cruise) but I never saw anyone come back to sell a drink. In regards to dinner I find it annoying (as I dislike discussing feelings but in many ways that's is exactly what MSC is selling you are selling a feeling/an experience, in fact they do not hide the fact that they selling experiences by selling the various experiences levels) but in regards to dinner again there was no lack of people trying to upgrade me into the pay dinners but what annoys me is that MSC says my dinners are complimentary like they were doing me a favor by providing feed. Does that mean that MSC at some point in the future is going to just start charging for all food on board the ship like alcohol that is how that comes across when they term food as complimentary. My “Drinks On Us Package” was a glorified soda package and I understood that. What I explained to Joseph (F&B Director) and Katherina (Bar Manager) while on board what was truly annoying in addition to trying to get someone from the bar staff to sell a drink not just a package was paying three different prices for the same drink because the staff did not understand the program since it was explained you had actually terminated it. Ironically one bartender charged me two different prices for the same drink. The day after I spoke to Katherina in the Seaside bar there were two women who appeared to be there to serve the tables however, they would just clear glasses and avoided making eye contact with passengers. While I understand that is may be a cultural norm for their homelands it is not for bar staff on a cruise ship designed for Americans. I say this as a corporate trainer who taught soft skills at a Fortune 100 company and now am a Trainer for Multinational Corporation. For a ship that is touted as being designed for the American audience in my opinion MSC does not know who we are.While I still had a good time because I was off and I was on a cruise I would have to rank this as my least favorite Cruise (this is #10). Carnival used to hold that spot MSC took it up with this Cruise. I was extremely excited to be on MSC again however after this experience I would be reluctant to cruise with them again.

Disappointing based on previous MSC Experience