3. MSC Poesia
Firstly, I was amazed that €120 each person was a compulsory gratuity payment and €240 was taken from my account for my husband and I. We were told that nothing could be done about this and that we would not be able to leave the ship unless this was paid and the form signed to say it was ok. This totally ruined our cruise. We always opt out of tips and reward staff for their excellent service ourselves. The food was not very good. Some dinner menus had nothing that we liked at all. Our waitress Aleiksandra was amazing. Full marks for her. Also our cabin steward was excellent. Most staff were professional and pleasant. However, after a couple of days with the mini bar not being cold, I decided to phone reception to tell them it was not working and I was told “Madam it is a mini bar it is not meant to be cold”. The mini bar was later replaced and the drinks cold. I also booked this cruise with my sister and her husband and our cabins could not have been further away from each other if they had tried. Also my sister’s telephone was not working so we couldn’t contact each other. We also found that there was a lack of information regarding ports to be visited and disembarkment unless you were booked on a tour. The shows were excellent.

Compulsory gratuity payment of €120 per person ruined this cruise

MSC Poesia Cruise Review by Nungeena

The food was not very good. Some dinner menus had nothing that we liked at all.

Most staff were professional and pleasant.

The shows were excellent.
Nungeena’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Poesia price drops

Very good except mini bar was not cold. I would have liked body lotion and extra toiletries in the bathroom.
Towels were always replaced immediately. Well done.
  MSC Poesia Deck Plans