3. Sun Princess
I chose this cruise because of the destinations ie Vietnam and Australia. I had read some poor reviews before taking this cruise on Sun Princess but I gather it’s mostly people who like a whinge who write reviews. I believe in trying it and see for yourself. Yes the ship is getting old but we loved every bit of this ship. From the atrium to the 24 hour cafe to the Marquis dining room and especially the hot dog burger bar on deck 14. The food was excellent and covered everyone’s tastes. Some people complained the evening entertainment was too short but I found 45minutes long enough especially if you were on the late sitting for your evening meal. If you want a table for two for dining you should book the fixed dining restaurant and book the table before cruising. If you are in the other restaurant you just wait for a few minutes for a table to become free. I found no one upmanship regarding ‘elite’ guests. On the contrary the two couples on our table hid the fact. We took 3 cruise organised tours and they were excellent. The Ho Chi Min city tour was rather expensive but we had no choice as there were no other means of getting there. The ship docks at a container port miles from anywhere. The stewards were excellent and went out of their way to please you. We had an amazing time. We made many friends who added to our enjoyment of the cruise. I didn’t think the drinks were expensive. Much the same price as I would pay at home. Remember when $13 dollars for a glass of wine is quoted this in Australian dollars. And yes I can buy a bottle of wine from Aldi for the same price as a glass on the ship but you’re drinking it on a beautiful ship like the Sun Princess. Loved it!

Excellent

Sun Princess Cruise Review by Ritchie7

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Interior

The stewards were excellent and went out of their way to please you.

Ritchie7’s Full Rating Summary
Get Sun Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IB P317
The cabin was on deck 5 so really handy to the atrium restaurant and cafe. It’s compact but plenty of room for all your clothes. The shower is a bit snug. Plenty of room to store your cases under the beds. We chose single beds as it gave you more room and a shared cabinet. I had read a double bed leaves no room one side and I can believe it.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins