3. Anthem of the Seas
Getting on the ship in Bayonne was a breeze, this was my 7th cruise and by far the easiest and quickest check in. Average age on this cruise had to be in the 70's but that was expected considering the destination and the time of year. The shows and other entertainment was excellent, We Will Rock You was the best, if you like Queen you will really enjoy it. Spectres Cabaret was OK it had its highs and lows. The Gift is not worth the time, still trying to figure out what was going on. The service on Anthem was excellent, our cabin steward Anak on deck 8 was great, anything we needed we received in a timely manner. He always had a smile and asked if we were having a good time and if there was anything he could do for us. Our waiter Vijay in the MDR was also very good. The food in the Windjammer buffet was very good especially dinner and there was also a nice variety. Now for the tweeks, the menu in the MDR did not have much variety. Maybe it's my own likes and dislikes but other RCCL menus I've experienced had a better variety, still the food we ordered was prepared nicely and was very tasty. I was under the impression from past cruises that the drink of the day was the same at all bars and lounges for that day, not on Anthem, it seemed every bar and lounge had a different drink of the day on the same day. Maybe if the drink of the day was posted on the cruise compass it would help because the bartenders were looking at it searching for whatever the drink of the day was. It would also be nice if the drinks made had the same consistency, I ordered the same drink at 3 different places and I received it in 3 different colors. We had a balcony cabin which was your basic cabin enough room for a couple. Getting off the ship was also quick and painless, we were off the ship and in our car in about 15 minutes. Overall a good time was had by all and I would sail on Anthem again.

Very good cruise but needs some tweeks

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review by jwoody50

We had a balcony cabin which was your basic cabin enough room for a couple.

Overall a good time was had by all and I would sail on Anthem again.
jwoody50’s Full Rating Summary