Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review

Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by HollyK

• Sail Date: Oct 2019
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Sunset Veranda

We chose this cruise for a fall getaway to some warm weather. We didn’t do much tourist stuff as we’ve been to Hawaii and the islands several times. We enjoyed a couple of days in Honolulu at the Iilikai before departure on the cruise.

SHIP:

Is in pretty good condition overall. Yes some areas and items are becoming worn but not so obviously so it felt decrepit in any way. There are carpet spots and such one may notice from tome to time but nothing dreadful. They do work to clean and polish and vacuum constantly. Towels were another story. They were really worn and rag tag. I resorted to taking a pool towel and using that in the cabin.

DINING:

This I had a serious issue with. Sushi on Five we enjoyed and had a very pleasant lunch. Murano was also a most enjoyable experience. My only pick with them was all the courses were rushed. Feeling they should allow people to dine, not present courses one after another without any space between each. We were late diners and it was not full so no reason for this rush.

Tuscan Grill - was pretty disappointing. My DH had the Filet which was cooked as he wished so that was okay. My Ceaser salad had the fried bread from breakfast as the croutons. The dressing was skimpy, the garlic was non-existent and I had to ask for fresh ground pepper for my salad. I was looking forward to the Lobster pasta from a prior read of the menu. The waiter discouraged me from this telling me there was very little lobster in the pasta. What? Why would you serve very little lobster in something called lobster pasta? So then I opt for a 1/2 order of each Lasagna and Strozzapretti Carbonara. The lasagna was overly fine ground meat without the benefit of much tomato sauce or cheese. Not well balanced and Carbonara was so so. Mostly a disappointing dinner.

HollyK's Full Rating Summary

Sunset Veranda

Loved this aft cabin. It has plenty of closet room, even for me with my two very full suitcases. Bot the wall magnets from Amazon and they worked fabulously. Drawer storage was fine and the over the bed storage worked great. Balcony isn’t roomy but enough for two chairs and a table. In Hawaii in 90 deg plus weather it was HOT out their during the day. Earlier morning and evening were lovely watching the wake flow out to sea. Bath had plenty of storage with great rounded shower.

Though it’s lots of exercise walking back and forth to the elevators/stairs, we didn’t mind the exercise ar all. As this cabin is next to a sky suite, the two have their own private vestibule which is kinda nice. Never saw or heard our neighbors in the Sky Suite. They had the ‘deep sleep’ sign stuck on their door most of the time. They did however have that unfortunate habit of placing dirty dishes outside the door. Yuck. Just call room service people.

HollyK