3. Caribbean Princess
Sailed with Princess to Canada and Northeastern US, 10/4 from Quebec City. As a Platinum member, despite a delay in boarding due to disinfecting the ship, I would say that the checking of luggage, checking-in, boarding ship, receiving luggage was the most efficient I have ever seen. However, once on board, the situation went downhill rapidly! I found the staff at Guest Services to be rude and very poor in resolving issues efficiently on at least 4 different episodes. I did not go on a vacation to get upset and get my blood pressure elevated. As far as a relaxing, recharging vacation, Princess failed miserably! Upon boarding the ship, there were no staff members or uniformed officers to greet passengers, steer them toward their staterooms, make us feel like valued consumers. This was the first time in years of sailing that I have felt so neglected. As a physician for over 35 years, I reviewed the Vessel Sanitation Program from the CDC, and I found Princess staff was inconsistent in the implementation of this program to the point of putting both passengers and staff at risk for Norovirus. Washing hands was a big deal, but servers wearing gloves in the buffets was hit/miss. On both sea days, going for breakfast at Steamers/ the Plank, there was no place to sit, but there were plenty of dirty tables. Along with several other guests I bused my own table just to have a place to eat breakfast. Servers with coffee, tea, juices were not to be found on these two days. If you are looking for a ship with a solarium or indoor pool, do not book the Caribbean Princess. Logic would dictate that a ship sailing a northern route in cold, damp weather in October, would have an indoor pool or solarium. This is my first of many cruises that did not have an indoor pool/solarium. Supposedly, this ship has recently been renovated, but she looks and feels like an "old lady". Meal service in the Palm Dining Room was the same tired menu, some good some not so good. The Pub Lunch is not to be missed if you enjoy pub food- really good. Otherwise, our best meals were ashore. These are the most egregious of the errors that paying guests should not have to tolerate, but the list is actually much longer. I have addressed these issues in a 4-5 page letter to the management team at Princess, and their brief telephone response at 6:00 PM on Friday night was most unsatisfactory and insulting. I was told they would not respond to my letter, addressing my concerns, in writing. Princess has lost a loyal customer!

Princess Cruises is really slipping

Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by jamanko

jamanko’s Full Rating Summary
Get Caribbean Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BC
Cabin was clean, but dated. It was quiet. Bathroom was small with not enough room in shower to turn around, and I am not a large person.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins