3. Viking Sun
This was our second Viking Cruise, and it was once again, one FABULOUS trip. From the moment we arrived at the airport, Viking’s attention to service and comfort for their clients kicked in. Since we landed in Newark, they sent a car service, who picked up both us and another couple. The driver was both colorful and informative. Our “check1in” experience was smooth and simple. All employees were very patient, courteous, professional and extremely pleasant. We arrived on the “early side”, so we boarded the ship and were escorted to the World Cafe for a delicious meal. Upon entering, staff asked us to wash our hands. I always like to see that gesture. Our luggage awaited us at our stateroom. We had a Penthouse Veranda. My husband is 6’5”, and he feels the space is more than adequate for him. There was a king-sized bed, lots of storage space, lots of surface space, a large wall-mounted TV, a couch, comfy chair, desk & chair, and make-up mirror built into the desk. There were ample places for plugging-in devices, and ample lighting. The bathroom had an anti-fog mirror, heated a floor, a shower head plus individual wand, a retractable clothesline, shampoo, body wash, conditioner, and a non-skid surface. Dining aboard the ship was always delicious and fun. For breakfast and lunch, you normally had the choice of going to The World Cafe (wonderful buffet), or The Restaurant (order from a menu). For lighter venues, you could eat at the Explorer’s Lounge or the Atrium Bar. On most days lunch was also available at the Pool Grill. Dinners were normally served at The Restaurant, The World Cafe, and two specialty restaurants Manfred’s and The Chef’s Table. Reservations are required in the specialty restaurants. The food was always delish, and the presentation was lovely. Entertainment was terrific. In addition to The Viking Band, there were strong groups, a guitar player, singers, and even a ventriloquist. Spectacular shows, in led music from The Beatles, music from ABBA, and a few other musical shows. Lectures included some about Reagan, historical info on the different places we visited, etc. The Cruise Director was extremely a talented. All included and optional excursions were excellent. We had amazing tour guides in every port. If you see my ratings, they are all excellent. I am a bit picky, so I must say the Viking experience is more than excellent. I strongly recommend people consider Viking Ocean Cruises...they rock!

One More Amazing Journey with Viking

Viking Sun Cruise Review by Jukebo1x

• Sail Date: October 2019
  • Destination: Caribbean
This was our second Viking Cruise, and it was once again, one FABULOUS trip.

The driver was both colorful and informative.

Our luggage awaited us at our stateroom.

We had a Penthouse Veranda.

My husband is 6’5”, and he feels the space is more than adequate for him.

There were ample places for plugging-in devices, and ample lighting.

Dining aboard the ship was always delicious and fun.

On most days lunch was also available at the Pool Grill.

Reservations are required in the specialty restaurants.

The food was always delish, and the presentation was lovely.

The Cruise Director was extremely a talented.

All included and optional excursions were excellent.

We had amazing tour guides in every port.

I strongly recommend people consider Viking Ocean Cruises...they rock!
Jukebo1x’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sun price drops

Viking did a spectacular job of designing & stocking the room.
The mini bar contains hard liquor, beer & champagne. It also has sodas and snacks.
Bathroom toiletries include shampoo, conditioner, body lotion & body wash.
There are shower caps, Q-tips, etc. ,
bathrobes, slippers, etc.
we had an excellent cabin steward & assistant.
Viking leaves no stone unturned.