3. Carnival Inspiration
My husband and I hopped on this cruise for a quick getaway. We’re booked on the Horizon for next year, but couldn’t wait that long, and I needed to get to my happy place: the ocean. It’s been twenty years since we were on a Fantasy Class ship (Elation), and we had some reservations about the condition of this ship. We noticed that the ship underwent a recent refurb, so we took the chance and went with the Inspiration. I was pleasantly surprised. We usually book balcony cabins because we like to have breakfast on the balcony when sailing into or docked in port, but for this cruise, we booked a guaranteed ocean view stateroom and ended up with a cabin on the Riviera Deck. The cabin was fine. It appeared to be clean, and worked for this short 4-day cruise. We did smell the occasional sewage odor in the bathroom, but I always pack an air freshener for this purpose. We saw our room stewards often, and they were friendly. The food was just ok in both the dining room and at the buffet, but Guy’s Burger Joint and the BlueIguana Cantina were the stars of the show. In addition to good burgers, Guy’s has good fries. I had the best fish taco from the cantina. Note that in the morning, you can get omelettes and breakfast at the cantina as well; no need to wait in line at the buffet for the same offerings. There are also sandwich and pizza stations, which I visited once, and both were ok. There is definitely better pizza at sea, but in a pinch, the pizza on this ship will do. Fresh fruit and vegetables also abound. I don’t recommend the Sea Day Brunch. Service took way too long, and once again, the food was just ok. As far as entertainment goes, Carnival opens a “big ol’ can of fun.” There’s something for everyone. Having said that, however, everything might not be for everyone. Some of the venues can get a little raunchy late into the evening. I also had a nice and relaxing facial at the Spa. Overall, we had a great time. We had beautiful weather and calm seas – can’t ask for anything more than that!

Nice Time

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by islandborn

I also had a nice and relaxing facial at the Spa.

islandborn’s Full Rating Summary