Norwegian Gem Cruise Review

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by Granma2002

• Sail Date: Oct 2019
  • Destination: Canada & New England
  • Cabin Type: Penthouse with Large Balcony

I wanted to see Canada during colorful Fall weather and I was NOT disappointed. Love that we have graduated to suite category now. Butler and Concierge are really nice touches. Was not as impressed with Teppanyaki chefs as I have been on other ships. Although the food was good, their flare was not impressive.. Cagney's Steakhouse was great. Moderno Brazillian Steakhouse was not great except for the filet mingion, which was delicious. The other cuts were cooked too done, even tho I told them medium. .Breakfast there was good.. Shows were good and a great variety.. I do not like the fact that very few cabins have shower stalls. Majority have tub/shower combo and this one was too deep for me to get my leg over. I wish they would take this into consideration of us older folks. . It was not a handicapped room, but there was a grab bar by the toilet, which I appreciated.

Granma2002's Full Rating Summary

Penthouse with Large Balcony

Was clean. Roomy enough. Excellent steward/concierge service. My only objection was the tub was so deep that I could not Not step over into it. I had to go to the spa and take showers.

It was great. The guide was very knowledgable and pleasant. Good driver. Truly enjoyed the Reversing Waterffall. Gave us suggestion for the best Lobster roll. It was delicious.

View All undefined undefined Reviews