3. Pride of America
This was the only cruise available that just toured around the islands. The food was OK but not much above average. We were told that there was no night that served lobster. If we wanted it, a specialty restaurant would have to be chosen. If we brought a bottle of wine onboard, we would be assessed a $15 corkage fee. Other cruises allow you to bring aboard one bottle per person. We took advantage of the Thermal Suite Package. This allowed us to use the sauna,steam rooms, and heated mosaic chairs in the meditation room. It was wonderful. I took advantage of the lei making classes. There were actually four of them and Kaulana was an excellent teacher. We had good service in the upscale dining area and Jonathan Alverce and Shalyric were spectacular. Also, Blake made some excellent wine advise and we also enjoyed interacting with him in the Liberty Dining Room. Their website is sorely lacking. I tried to order a Romance Package and it appeared that everything went through but when we got to the ship nothing had gone through. I also, noticed that we could have 24 ml of water delivered to our room for free, so I ordered that. I was then told that they no longer offered it. If this was the case, why was it still available to purchase. Dion Keita was so wonderful in helping us and felt bad that we didn't get what we ordered so she sent a bottle of wine to our room. It was very sweet of her to do that.

This is an older ship but well maintained.

Pride of America Cruise Review by CherK

• Sail Date: October 2019
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Balcony
CherK’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian (NCL) Pride of America price drops

Balcony
Cabin BC
The cabin size was disappointing. It was the smallest cabin we've ever had. Our friends had a lower room with just a window and their room was exactly like ours except for the balcony. The bed was super comfortable. The last night our room was right across from the opening to send luggage out and it was extremely noisy until way after midnight.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins