3. MSC Seaside
My wife, 8 month-old son and I sailed an Eastern Caribbean itinerary in the MSC Seaside Yacht Club. The Yacht Club is every bit as amazing as all the reviews on here state. I don't know how anyone can give it less than 5 stars. We sailed in the Yacht Club on MSC Divina in 2017 and we have not wanted to cruise with anyone else since because of the Yacht Club. They have made the product even better on the MSC Seaside. The biggest plus being that the Seaside Yacht Club restaurant is actually inside the Yacht Club instead of on the opposite end of the ship such as it was on Divina. We also liked the wristband cruise card replacement. Embarkation was very smooth with priority check-in and butler assistance from the curbside all the way to the stateroom. It took us about 15 minutes from the arriving at the port to be on the ship in our stateroom. Disembarkation was also as smooth and we were escorted off the ship by our butler at our leisure. The ship is fantastic. It is a sight to behold and all areas are clean and modern. The internet wifi worked perfectly. We pre-paid for the unlimited package and we were never without fast internet service. It was well worth the cost. The Yacht Club Deluxe Suite cabin was clean, spacious and always made up and clean by our outstanding Butler Primas. Primas was also always more than willing to escort us to dinner, anywhere on the ship and off the ship on shore days. The shower was especially spacious and there was plenty of room for our luggage. The food was excellent. We mostly dined in the Yacht Club restaurant or the Grill by the Yacht Club pool and every dish was a gourmet experience. Some people complain about the food because they are accustomed to heavily salted, sugary and fried foods in the U.S. I think this is where a lot of MSC food complaints come from. MSC prepares fresh food more in a more European style than a U.S. style. If you leave your American chain restaurant food expectations behind and are open to new experience the food is great. We tried the Marketplace Buffet for lunch one day and I thought it was great as well. There was a lot of variety and it all tasted as good as anything on other cruise lines. The pastries/bread/pasta are all made fresh on-board and they are all the best I have had on any cruise ship. We tried the Teppenyaki specialty restaurant and it was great. The food was very good and the chef was entertaining. The kids splash area was adequate and not overcrowded. We tried all the waterslides which were fun and the lines were never very long. We tried the bowling alley on a sea day and I while I am not the greatest bowler it seems the ship rocking a little bit will put the ball right into the gutter. I would bowl on a port day if you are serious about keeping your score high. The most outstanding part about our cruise was the service provided to our son. On our first night they had our pack-n-play crib ready without us even asking. The Kids club provided us a stroller to use for the entirety of the cruise. Every crew member went out of their way to entertain our son and make sure he always had everything he needed. They always had a high chair ready for us at the restaurant and would provide pureed food for us if we requested. Primas (our butler) always made sure we were stocked with plenty of bottled water so we could make formula. The courtesy and friendliness was not limited to the Yacht Club, we experienced this no matter what part of the ship were at. I can't thank MSC enough for making our first vacation experience as parents so smooth for us. The Eastern Caribbean ports were mostly very good. Our favorite stop was St Thomas where we went to Megan's Beach. We have cruised MSC, Carnival, NCL and Costa and our best experiences have been on MSC. I think the uniqueness of going on MSC is getting a European-esque experience out of the Florida cruise market. If you go on MSC thinking they are just another Carnival, RCL or NCL you will probably be disappointed. Don't get me wrong, those lines are all great for that type of product. However, if you go on MSC with the attitude that all cruise lines are striving to be that same product and that is your baseline for expectations you will be disappointed. I am not a high class "bougie" person making this statement. I am middle class from Texas and I like Applebee's, Denny's and Golden Corral as much as the next guy but I also like a break from that and a different experience. For a great cruise vacation I can't speak highly enough about MSC. The great customer service experience, great food and amazing ship will keep us coming back to MSC. I don't think MSC needs to adjust to the U.S. Market as many people state. I think they are doing a fantastic job on the unique product they are providing.

Amazing Cruise on an Amazing Ship