3. Carnival Dream
This 5 night cruise from Galveston exceeded my expectations. A prior Carnival cruise was not great so I was apprehensive about this one. What a waste of worry! Plentiful waiters for fast soda package service. Was concerned about room only being cleaned once a day, but we never ran out of towels (my biggest concern), and on the one day when we had all been in the sand and beach water, I requested towel replacement a bonus time and it was quickly provided. The food was good! Blue Iguana is my new fav. Did not go to the dining room or specialty spots. Very long lines at lunch buffet though. Breakfast room service was free and prompt with lots of food options. Bingo was fun and not rushed. The areas were, in general, always being cleaned. I did not feel like anything was dirty or being ignored. Nor were there out of order bathroom stalls everywhere (I've seen that). On our other cruises on Carnival and Princess we have had mini suites. This cruise was a balcony room. It seemed bigger than a mini suite room though. Maybe the room was just laid out very well. And there was TONS of storage space. Did not attend stage shows but enjoyed both comedians; watched them both two times at their family friendly shows. Arcade was so much bigger than a prior cruise, wow! Spa was used twice - very nice staff, very nice results. My favorite cruise so far has been one to Europe, that's clearly a once in a lifetime vaca with once in a lifetime memories. However I think this cruise is the one I laughed the most on, the one I enjoyed the most; it was laid back, staff were happy, I never felt rushed, there was no pretentious passengers, people were just having fun! There were 2 non-positives: 1. There was a scent of sweat in a few places onboard, it was consistent, not just like a person had walked by. One area was always in front of the Burgundy Room. It made me wonder why cruise ships don't pipe in aromatherapy like resort hotels do? But I have a sensitive nose so maybe no one else noticed. 2. The hairy chest contest was completely out on hand. If Carnival wants to allow the contest to turn into what it did, they need to not have it in the middle of the day around little kids. I found it extremely offensive and uncomfortable, it was allowed to get disgustingly sexual, and mid pool surrounded by swimming kids and water slides of kids is just not the place for such a display. This was a relaxing, fun vacation!

Wondeful! Fun and relaxing!

Carnival Dream Cruise Review by cruisetakemeaway

This 5 night cruise from Galveston exceeded my expectations.

Plentiful waiters for fast soda package service.

Bingo was fun and not rushed.

Arcade was so much bigger than a prior cruise, wow!

Spa was used twice - very nice staff, very nice results.

There were 2 non-positives:

This was a relaxing, fun vacation!
cruisetakemeaway’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Ages 13 to 15
Get Carnival Dream price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8B
So much bigger than expected! The most storage I've ever had in a cabin.Balcony was rusty and dirty though.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins