3. AmaDante
This was our first river cruise and it was wonderful. We chose this over the traditional Basel to Amsterdam route to avoid the more industrial areas along the northern Rhine and were not disappointed. The Mosel was lovely. One of my favorite days was our last day on the Mosel watching the vineyards go by with people sailing on the river. This was a wonder experience. I was a bit surprised at how busy river cruises were. We usually had 2 stops each day and AMAwaterways always had multiple options for each stop with varying levels of physical activity. They have a fitness manager on each ship. They usually lead the bike tours and there seemed to be a very active hike at each stop. We did one where we hiked through town, past a waterfall, up to castle ruins, back down through a vineyard and town and then to a wine tasting (all included). The staff and service were terrific. Almost everything was included. At the end of the week my only charges were for laundry and tips. Wine and beer included at lunch and dinner and there was an included happy hour each day. I will certainly look to AMAwaterways for my next river cruise.

Autumn Cruising among the vineyards!

AmaDante Cruise Review by Queenbee031

• Sail Date: October 2019
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Stateroom with French Balcony

I will certainly look to AMAwaterways for my next river cruise.
Queenbee031’s Full Rating Summary
Get AmaWaterways AmaDante price drops

Stateroom with French Balcony
Cabin A+ 212
A lovely cabin. Nice large bed and two chairs by the window. Sufficient storage space. The only critique is that the storage in the bathroom was very limited and the shower was small. But not unusual for a ship. We were on middle deck which was quite convenient to lounge (up 1/2 a flight of stairs) and dining room (down 1/2 a fight of stairs).
Violing Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins