3. Insignia
This was my first cruise on any line. My sister and I traveled together. We are both close to 60. I chose Oceania because friends said that the big cruise ships require standing in long lines, and I have some health issues that won't allow me to do that. In fact, we just walked through the embarkation process with no line at all! Our cabin was beautiful in colors of blue and silver. The bed was the star of the trip! The mattress and linens were spectacular. Our cabin maid was happy to change our pillowcases every night, at our request. The food was always good and often exceptional. We enjoyed all the fresh fish and seafood. It was easy to make healthy choices with a wide selection of salads, vegetables, fruit and fish. There was always a vegetarian choice, a gluten-free selection and a dessert that had no-sugar-added. We appreciated that portion sizes were moderate and desserts were small. Since we could always request more, it made it easy to eat well. The service was exceptional in every venue. The entertainment was somewhat limited, but entertaining. The string quartet and the show band were very good. The enrichment lectures with Sandy Cares were a highlight for me. I loved learning about the places we would be visiting. She was funny, lively and very interesting. I had a wonderful walking tour of Old San Juan following her suggestions. The cooking demonstration by the head chef and the chef for Toscana was not only fascinating, but also very funny. The service was very attentive and responsive to complaints and suggestions. There were ample staff to be very personalized. The staff members were all friendly and eager to serve. The spa was expensive, but good. We found the Oceania-sponsored excursions to be well worth the money. They were well-organized and the guides were excellent. We spend a day or two on our own ashore. We would certainly go again! It was a relaxing and memorable time.

Excellent in Every Way

Insignia Cruise Review by haitisarah

• Sail Date: October 2019
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom

The spa was expensive, but good.

We would certainly go again! It was a relaxing and memorable time.
haitisarah’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oceania Insignia price drops

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B2 6006
Our cabin had plenty of room for us. We had 14 drawers, four shelves, and two hanging spaces (a large long one and a smaller short one). We loved our veranda and will get one again. Our room was above the Insignia Lounge. We put in earplugs for the nights we went to bed early before the 9:30 evening show. Otherwise, it was very quiet.

The bathroom and shower were compact, but we adjusted easily. We did hear a couple of large men say that they used the showers in the fitness center, since they couldn't move in the cabin shower.
Deck 6 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins