• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

Leggings
First Time Cruiser • Age 20s

Sail Date: Oct 2019
Cabin: Ocean View Balcony

While there were great things about this cruise, overall I was somewhat glad for it to be over by the end. This was my first cruise and the experience was generally disappointing, with some good parts.

Embarkation was awful. Complete chaos and the staff along the way were very Curt and seemed irritated with us at times. By the time we were actually on board, we felt like we just wanted to go home. I will say debarking was MUCH better and went fairly smoothly.

The service from Royal Caribbean was generally awful anytime I had to bring an issue up, and if I cruise again I will be trying a different line. They came off as penny-pinching and unyielding, hiding behind "policy" to avoid compensating us for any problems even when the fault was with them. I did not escalate things much, as I'm really not the "let me speak to the manager" type, but frankly you shouldn't have to act like that to get issues resolved. They cancelled a shore excursion and provided no compensation because it was "complimentary" through my booking - regardless, THEY cancelled it and THEY should provide some compensation for the lost experience. They would not even replace our soda cups when both started leaking halfway through the cruise - they wanted to charge $10.95 apiece. Unwilling to replace a cheap piece of plastic that probably costs them less than $1 to make, and meanwhile there is CONSTANT and obnoxious upselling happening the entire week. RC demonstrated to me quite clearly that they only care about their bottom line. Even when I went to get a massage, they make you fill out a form about all the things "wrong" with you so the spa can try to play on your insecurities and get you to purchase more services. They must have asked me 5+ times if I wanted any other service.

Ocean View Balcony

The cabin was great - clean, comfortable, and having the balcony was awesome. If anything our AC was too cold and we found ourselves turning the temperature up. I do wish they had tissues in the room.

This room was right under the pool deck, so particularly during the day we'd hear people stomping around or chairs scraping from up there. That said, the sound insulation overall was pretty impressive and this was a minor nuisance. We never heard a peep from our neighbors.

5 Helpful Votes