3. Carnival Vista
My wife and I picked this cruise to spend with our grandkids (8 & 10). Our room was a balcony, # 9276, and to be honest....IT STUNK!! when we opened the door we were hit with an ungodly odor that caused an immediate allergic reaction with my wife. After a trip to guest services we were then out of the room for a time so they could investigate. Upon returning to the room a couple of hours later the smell was still there just covered up by some obnoxious attempt at deodorizing it that caused my wife a mild asthma attack. After another trip to guest services, we vacated the room for another couple of hours so they could "identify" the issue. Upon return the smell was still there....not quite as bad but still present. Guest services also informed us that they had no comparable or upgrade rooms to which we could move.......only something on a much lower deck without a balcony....which was unacceptable. Bottom line was they never really did fix the issue. I don't know it it actually got better or that our noses had become numb to it! We had early dining in Reflections and food was very good. Waiters were amazing, we were on table 161. They always had the kids favorite appetizer and drinks at the table when we arrived. Excellent staff. Embarkation was smooth with no issues. We are Diamond members with an early arrival time but due to transportation issues we did not arrive at the ship until after 1:30 and we walked right on. We did not do any entertainment except one comedy show. It was an older lady and she was quite funny. The kids did use Camp Ocean every day and they just loved it. The staff there does a great job with the kids Stytrac a little disappointing due to the fact that it was not open very much. Service at the various bars and venues was basically good but the servers were overworked for the number of guests on-board. The reason this wasn't a 1 star review is because they did compensate us with $300 on-board credit.

Smells and Disppointments