3. Serenade of the Seas
Sailing to Bermuda for our 40th wedding anniversary. We were unexpectedly treated to a special cake at the Chef's Table dinner one night. Meals were very good, and the specialty restaurants were fantastic! The main dining room was good, with a buffet offered at breakfast, as well as the order off the menu. The main buffet offered a wide variety, from salad to pizza to Indian and Chinese food. There were always a lot of entertainment going on. Music in the Centrum, which could be heard up several levels varied from Regae to accoustic guitar. There is a piano in one of the lounges, and that was good too. The movie selection was bad, mostly old movies, and the one that was new was only shown once, and conflicted with something else we had scheduled. If you're into wine tasting, there were several opportunities. I wish the lounges and pub would serve finger food so we had something to eat while having drinks. We loved the ship, and would definitely sail again.

Accessible accommodations were very good

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by pattiaj

• Sail Date: October 2019
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony
pattiaj’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 2D
This is an accessible cabin, and I must say, better than what you get in most hotels. Firstly, they have a switch on the door so that when you swipe your key, it automatically opens the door completely wide, which allowed me to enter with my scooter without assistance. LIkewise, there is an exit switch inside that opened the the door completely open. Nice! the bath was roll in, with a shower chair and wand as well as overhead shower. The towel was at a nice height. Grab bars all around. The closet had a rod that could be pulled down, so you could reach it from a wheel chair. You could also roll out to the balcony. The room was spacious enough that my scooter fit without taking up the whole space. We both have cPap machines, and there were endtables on either side of the bed, and they provided distilled water for us, and an extension cord. We had brought a power strip with us which we attached to it so we could both plug in. The room only has two outlets in it, and both are on the wall opposite the bed, so you do have the cord across the floor at night. I had no difficulties getting around the ship. I discovered that the aft elevators offer more room, and fewer people take those, so they were easier to get the scooter on/off without running over people.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Horseshoe Bay Beach
    We picked the wrong day. Windy, cloudy, water was cold. But that was certainly not the tour provider's fault. The driver was nice, and the bus was good. I think I would have rather done the beach on our own; we wouldn't have stayed so long.
    View All 161 Horseshoe Bay Beach Reviews
  • Island Tour
    We took an accessible version of the Island tour. Our driver was friendly and funny. We had stops and Hamilton and St. Georges. We took the tour the first day, which gave us ideas of what to visit the remaining days. Wish we had visited more of the historical sites, but from what I remember, we probably couldn't have gotten around very well at the forts, etc.
    View All 109 Island Tour Reviews