AmaCello Cruise Review

AmaCello Cruise Review by Southernwc

• Sail Date: Oct 2019
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Stateroom with French Balcony

I did not select this cruise but joined a friend and discovered this excellent cruise line. We travelled up the Rhône River from Arles to Lyon in Provence and saw storybook views and villages. The tour guides in each location were the best I have ever seen and heard - we got in depth information delivered with delightful humor. My favorites were visiting the Provençal olive grower and his family run processing “plant”, the truffle farmer, Amy, the truffle dog, and the family, and Dominique, the winemaker and his vineyard. There were lots of options for excursions, all inclusive, and for whatever activity level we desired. Best of all was Heloise, the Cruise Manager, but everyone on the ship provided top quality service! Spotlessly clean, many personal touches like flowers in our room upon arrival from our AmaWaterways booking agent in the states, Louise. I was very pleased and I WILL join them again!

Southernwc's Full Rating Summary

Stateroom with French Balcony

The room is small compared to ocean liners I have taken but had plenty of storage and acceptable space. The huge window wall/French balcony gave us an even greater sense of space. The beds were comfortable and the tiny bathroom arranged well to give good space for showering with a very modern rain type head and a hand held sprayer - all immaculately clean.

Next Review