3. Coral Princess
Leaving for port on a Sunday made traffic light, until the port. With the Royal Princess there too, the loop was very congested. Once at terminal everything was smooth and we just went through and boarded quickly. Luggage arrived in about one hour. The Coral is in good shape and the carpets everywhere must have been replaced in the January rehab. We like the 715 pm dining, the 5pm, is way too early. The food was pretty good, and served at a good temperature. On formal night there is petite filet mignonette and shrimp, no rock lobster. The petite is well, petite. It was very tender, and I really don’t need the biggest cut. One thing they can’t get right is rice, almost like instant rice. Several people at our table did have dirty cups with lipstick, it can happen, so best to always check your cup. The desserts are good and the Chocolate Journeys are very good. But I do like butter pecan, always got it on the Golden Princess in April. Now I asked for it, Oh we only have what is on the dessert menu. Alfredos Pizza for lunch is very good, I tried the Lido pizza and it too was good, the crust is crunchy and not soggy at all. Now, for the biggest gripe, no toothpicks or mints anymore. I asked the dining room head waiter why, Oh, the little toothpicks could blow into the ocean. Give me a break, Princess takes people on cruises burning diesel fuel and worries about toothpicks in an ocean full of driftwood. Get one of the self dispensers please. Maybe convert to solar and dock at night and run during the day, Sure? Ou room steward could not figure it out. My wife sleeps in and gets up late, so she always tells them, use do room in evening after we go to dinner. Never had any problems with this. I always take do not disturb sign out before leaving. Come back at 10pm one night, room not done. He said in morning, You left sign in. Two night later we come back, same thing, but my wife saw we had no sign out. Same answer next day, and my wife said don’t report it, don’t want him fired or what. They that night we are on balcony at 6pm he comes in and asks to do room. Our table mates had same thing happen at 710pm for them. I guess they quit early now. We like to go to the casino, the video poker paid off pretty good, didn’t make money but did not loose a lot. Some people hate the “pressure” to buy things, did not bother us. Where else can you get a free happy hour but at EFFY. And my wife won three of the raffles, she also won in April too. We did buy a two pieces at the auction, they were a good price. Only got a 6 pack case of Hennessy Pure White, they don’t sell in the states and it is a good buy. Took the Antigua on you own excursion, nice old town. Saturday there was very busy, lots of Scouts there both boys and girls from Guatemala City and lost just like us. Did not eat there but had a good chocolate dipped cone. But I heard the restaurants there are good. Coming back is a 1 1/2 hour trip, hit a huge rain deluge with lightning hitting nearby. The road in one section was about a foot deep and running like a river over the bridge like a waterfall. Made it back to a sunny port. The entertainment was good, although they only had 2 production shows. The shows they did have had good piano, comedians, and singers, were good. At least we liked them. The Medallion wifi seems to be quicker than on the Golden in April. And the free minutes are a good perk when you get them. Wrote most of this review on the cruise, may have missed something I will think about later. All in all a good cruise. Getting off in LA was fast and easy. Since it was during rush hour, the cheapest way home was the Princess shuttle to LAX, go downstairs and get the Van Nuys Flyaway. Home in 3 hours after leaving ship.

Smooth seas for 19 days

Coral Princess Cruise Review by sgmdiver

sgmdiver’s Full Rating Summary
Get Coral Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BF
The seas were so smooth, and the location was great. One deck up to buffet, and straight down to theater.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins