3. Mariner of the Seas
I will begin at embarkation. Besides the typical security issues, could not have gone smoother. Very helpful and friendly employees helping in the process We had a promenade view stateroom. Decided to try for the first time. Not worth any extra money. Not a great view. Could not hear any activities. Will not travel this category again. Dining experience was typical. Did try My Time Dining. Again, the 1st experience. Was not impressed. Dinner took much more time than traditional. Wait staff appeared to have some difficulty with properly serving guest. Windjammer: EXCELLENT !!!! I would choose this type of dining over any other. Very care-free and laid back. I chose the same table everytime and the waiter, Shashen, was beyond INCREDIBLE. Anything needed, he was there. Always smiling and very happy. By far, the best waiter on ANY cruise which I have had. The total package of what a waiter should be. Royal Caribbean is very lucky to have him. Onboard entertainment: Again, typical. Nothing to really highlight. Evening shows were average, with one night an exception. That evening was great. Perfect Day at Cocoa Cay: Royal Caribbean has hit a GRAND SLAM here. They have set themselves ABOVE the competition. What an amazing transformation. Fun and relaxation for everyone. Best Port of Call I have personally experienced. Being new, still may be a few things to “iron out”, but INCREDIBLE. Don’t miss this port !!!!! Debarkation: Real issues. Communication between the vessel and the port authorities was BAD !!!!!!! My party was TWICE stopped due to employees sending us, and others, either the wrong direction or the wrong time. Once we FINALLY made it to the luggage area, NO bags to be found. Along with several others, they were missing. After waiting for AT LEAST 30 mins, someone found the bags somewhere on the ship... debarkation was a complete nightmare !! Return: yes Recommend : yes Highly Recommend: Cocoa Cay

Memory of the Mariner