3. Sapphire Princess
We are elite class passengers on Princess, we have favoured Princess for the last few years even though we used to be regular RCCL and P&O clients. On our last Princess Cruise in March we thought the food on offer had deteriorated in standard/choice, but it didn’t prepare us for the food on offer in the main dining room on Sapphire. The food was at best functional, no flair, unimaginative, poorly presented, this is a general day to day comment. There were some bright spot but not enough to make up for repetitive fair on offer. The desserts were literally a repetitive stream all similar in nature. The steaks were either good or tough, nothing in between, lamb chops were small and cremated, disgraceful offerings. I will say that the food in the Horizon was very satisfactory, my criticism is of the dining room food. The Entertainment was very good but you had to be early to get a seat in the theatre, not sure why we struggled it is the first time we have known the theatre to. E packed solid most nights. Shore Excursions, I guess it can happen but the crew seemed to lack initiative when there are problems. The originally installed gangway in Boston had such an incline you could have slid to the dock it was so steep. Someone on the bridge was not on the job, one gangway for 2600 passengers and the age group on board didn’t help. Sorry Princess but you reputation took a terrible hit. I will be fair, first time cruisers thought the food was OK, all the regular long term cruisers were constantly critical about the demise of Princess as a cruise line. I am hoping it is just a blip or its Celebrity in future, their reputation is better!!!

It’s all about the food!!

Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by Travellingfar

Travellingfar’s Full Rating Summary
Get Sapphire Princess price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MD
Standard Princess Cabin, satisfactory. New TV system which was excellent. Now KETTLES in the cabin, great move Princess, fantastic
Dolphin Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins