3. Explorer of the Seas
We travelled with our 6 month old baby girl and I have to say apart from our cabin steward the staff were extremely accommodating, especially the head waiter in the dining room I can’t remember his name he was from Bali I think his name was Suyanto or something similar. I’m gluten free so he also looked after me well and offered to make me something different if I didn’t fancy anything on the menu. The gluten free selection on board is weak compared to other cruise lines especially in the wind jammer very repetitive and boring especially deserts for gluten free. My husband who isn’t gluten free said the food was quite bland from his perspective especially the restaurant, and we did hear a lot of people complaining about the wait in the dining room at breakfast time 45mins plus wait for food though we never experienced this. Guest services were very rude probably the worst and most unhelpful I have experienced in 15plus cruises and need lessons in customer service. I was served once by the supervisor again didn’t catch her name she had long hair of Asian origin Philippines I think and she barely said two words didn’t greet me, barely looked up etc very rude indeed goodness knows how she made it to supervisor!! We went to the ice show which was so professional and amazing the theatre shows were only ok although we saw the confusionist he was very good and the promenade parties are always fun. Our cabin was small and very tired and the ship is showing it’s age our cabin and bathroom need a complete overhaul very dated plug broken, chipped furniture etc. If your travelling with a baby don’t be worried they couldn’t do enough for us in the dining room from accommodating the pushchair to making purées. One tip we thought about taking a stroller but in the end took our bugaboo and so glad we did. Our daughter was so much more comfortable being fully reclined etc and it wasn’t a problem for us getting on and off the ship or in and out of the cabin. Yes it took up more room but we would rather she was more comfortable so we will do the same when we go in cunard next month. Overall we chose this cruise because of price and we were restricted on dates but wouldn’t chose this ship or the itinerary again. Vigo we have done many times we just got off and had a walk around sat and had a coffee etc , gijon again we just caught the courtesy bus into town and had a walk around but it isn’t a very nice place in our opinion so not sure why they stop there. It’s ok but wouldn’t want a return visit and in le harve we walked into town which took about 20 mins as the queue for shuttle was very very long but actually was pleasantly surprised and we found the shopping quite good. Overall would we cruise RCI again probably if the price was right but on a more modern ship and better itinerary and hopefully better food.

Average ship with average food

Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by sealegs5

sealegs5’s Full Rating Summary
Ages Under 3
Get Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 8N
Very small and very tired plug not working in sink throughout our stay and had to complain once as it kept leaking which made it hard to wash the bottles for our baby. Chipped furniture overall worst cabin in 15 plus cruises we’ve every had.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins