• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

qnsgirl
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Apr 2010
Cabin: Balcony

This cruise, from April 11th through April 23rd, caught my eye because I liked the idea of starting in one port and ending up in my home port of NYC. I flew home immediately after cruising Alaska and will never do that again; it's too jarring to go from a relaxed state to the levels of anxiety and stress that are the "new normal" of an American airport. Catching a cab home sounded wonderful.

I booked directly with NCL and when I received the email confirmation, I immediately called customer service to tell them they had mistakenly booked a RT ticket. When I was assured that was the price of a OW ticket, I told NCL I would book my own ticket. That is how my friends and I got to Miami for $120 USD instead of the almost $300 NCL would have charged me. A word of caution: If you book your own air, NCL has no obligation to wait for you if your flight is delayed which is why we flew in the day before departure. As a member of a hotel rewards program, I was able to book a free night at the South Beach Marriott.

Once on board, we had a great time. Our stewards, Willie and Eileen, were the sweetest, most efficient and friendly people. There were 3 of us in the cabin and they always anticipated our needs regarding extra towels, TP, tissues, glasses, etc. Additionally, even though he was not our steward, Ray was a bright light on deck 9. He would see us in the morning and greet us warmly. He made me feel like a rock star!

Balcony

Cabin BC

I was in cabin 9046. It was very comfortable. The bathroom was not very clean when we first entered but, after we called about it, our stewards cleaned it again and it was satisfactory for the rest of the cruise. I like the balcony and sat out there and read quite a bit.

Find a Norwegian Jewel Cruise from $468