3. Crystal Debussy
The ship is new and very elegant. Never feels crowded. Pop up bar on top deck is great when you have nice weather. We were in lowest level room and it was equivalent to higher rooms on other ships. Don’t be afraid to book the least expensive option. While small, it was just fine. Only criticism of the room is the toilet is a little difficult to use if you are large. There is a very large shower but a squished toilet and small sink. Beds extremely comfortable and they even brought me a temperpedic pillow when I wanted more support. We have been on Ama, Uniworld and Scenic. Food and wine on Crystal and Ama were equally good and consistent. I won’t go on Uniworld or Scenic again because the food was disappointing. Crystal is a little fancier on presentation than Ama but I think Ama overall was slightly better food. Both very good culinary treats! Crystal provides drinks all day vs Ama lunch and dinner only with having to pay rest of time. If you are a big drinker, crystal may be a better deal. Entertainment was good, with the violinist exceptional. I don’t expect great entertainment on river ship. Jed did a nice job with Elton John night. Service exceptional but I expected that from Crystal. They even anticipated some needs. Saw my husband had a c-pap machine and brought distilled water. Overall, great trip although the Rhine isn’t my favorite river. Strasbourg is beautiful and the UNESCO world heritage part of the river is lovely but the rest is ho-hum and dependent on good weather. If you only do one river cruise, I’d take the Seine any day over the Rhine.

Elegant ship

EatLobster’s Full Rating Summary
Get Crystal Debussy price drops

Petite Suite with Panoramic Balcony-Window
Cabin S4 232
Just fine for us as we never spend any time in the room. Balconies are a waste on a river, unless you are in a top level suite and want to be in your room.
Crystal Deck Suite Cabins