3. Carnival Glory
I chose this cruise to go to different ports than the ones I had already visited. Port wise, I was not disappointed. However, ship wise, it had it’s ups and downs. First off, it needs to be dry docked. There were men scraping and painting it while we were in port! One day we had to endure the cleaning of our balcony , and another day we had to exit our cabin so they could shampoo the carpet. Let’s talk about the muster drill. We were standing on the deck, lined up against the wall. Then they lined up four more rows of passengers in front of us. It was hot! I thought I would melt! Babies and small children were crying and finally most of them fell asleep on their miserable, hot mommas. All while they called out cabin numbers of passengers that were not there. In the past we were seated in one of the dining rooms while this was done. The staff: our room steward was good. I can’t say great, because I never saw him! There was a waitress at the first High Tea who decided to educate us on where the tips/gratuity go. I had chosen one of the ‘premium’ teas and she brought me a receipt to sign. I know that gratuity is added to every ticket, so I drew a line through the ‘extra tip’ section, and handed it to her. She was not happy. She told us that only the room steward and our regular waiter get the gratuity and extra tips would go the staff waiting on us. I was stunned. I look at her and just said Really? I then turn back to the table and ignored her. I wanted to tell her that maybe she should find another job! However, on the second to last night we were seated way in the back of the dining room. Our waiter was Elder. He was fantastic! He has been with Carnival for 33 years! He is from Honduras and we chatted a bit. The last night you bet I requested to be seated in his area! All in all the cruise was good. It wasn’t great. The CD, Dustin Gabriel, was ok. He was fun during the events, other than that, I never saw him. He sort of had an ‘I’m important’ attitude. I will sail Carnival again. Maybe not on Glory for a while.

It was fun, but somehow seemed lacking

Carnival Glory Cruise Review by sbordelon

All in all the cruise was good. It wasn’t great.

I will sail Carnival again. Maybe not on Glory for a while.
sbordelon’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Glory price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8A
The cabin was just like the last cabin. They are all the same. That’s a good thing! I love balcony cabins. You have a place to get away from all the kids on board!
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins