3. Avalon Visionary
Ship was beautiful but we didn’t get to open drapes or sliding door because we were always triple docked at every port. Also would wake up at 3 a.m. because of diesel exhaust in our room. Excursions were not exactly as published. Cruise director was personable. Dining room was nice. Breakfast and lunch were buffets. Dinner had nice menu with wine. Wine / champagne at breakfast and lunch were scarce if non existent. My main problem was the inability to sleep at night because I had to leave room to breathe. Diesel exhaust could not be managed. If anyone had asthma they would definitely struggle to breathe. I think Avalon knows what the problem is but doesn’t have a solutions. There could be serious health issues. Glad we only had 3 nights on the ship. Hotel accommodations were ok in Vienna and very nice in Budapest. This survey requires 150 words minimum.

Triple docked diesel exhaust

Avalon Visionary Cruise Review by Masten812

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Outside Stateroom with French Balcony

Excursions were not exactly as published.

Cruise director was personable.

Masten812’s Full Rating Summary
Get Avalon Visionary price drops

Outside Stateroom with French Balcony
Cabin A 312
Not sure why we had a French balcony since there was always a boat docked next to us at every port. Kept Curtains closed and doors locked. Mostly cruised at night when we were sleeping. Diesel exhaust a REAL problem.
Sapphire Deck Balcony Cabins