3. Norwegian Bliss
As the title says, I felt that the ship was too large. I am accustomed to sailing on smaller ships, particularly the NCL Jewel class. The Bliss has twice the passenger capacity. Don't get me wrong, they did design it so that you didn't have overcrowding, in fact it felt less crowded than the smaller ships. This is due to being well planned out. More public space (observation lounge) and dining. I never had to search for a seat in the buffet or the "Pub" as I did on the smaller ships. The drawback was that I didn't see anybody more than once and didn't make any friends on this cruise. Embarkation was long, but that was just the queue for check in, no waiting around the terminal, pretty much a simple walk on to the ship after check in process. Our cabin was ready by about 2 pm and bags were there before dinner. The cabin was well positioned, just forward of the elevators and only 2 decks above the common areas. I only used "The Local" and the buffet for dining, but the selections were great, and I never had trouble getting a seat in the area I wanted. The Local overlooks the Atrium and can be noisy when there is an activity, but if you ask, you can usually get seated in the back, (Port forward) area which is much quieter. We saw the musical Six and I was entertained by it. Some of the other patrons were less than thrilled with it, so take that as it is. I also went to the "Happy Hour: The Musical" show. If nothing else, an affordable way to get drinks. But I did enjoy that show as well. A little risque for some perhaps, but you can sing along to some old tunes and there was some audience interaction. Our cabin steward (Wilson) was attentive to our needs and was prompt with servicing our cabin when we went to meals. (I turned on the service light when we left to let him know.) Leaving him a note in the card switch (just inside the door above the light switch, they use it to turn off the outlets inside the room when you are out.) is the easiest way to submit requests. No towel animals any more. They do leave a card in the switch, so you don't need to bring a spare to keep your devices charged, they just pull it part way out when they service the room. The "running track" was constantly blocked by too many chairs and people on that deck. Also the queues for the water slides overflowed into the area. I took two shore excursions. One in Puerto Vallarta, a low cost bus tour, that took us into old town to see the church, to a restaurant for lunch and a view, and for some shopping at a silver and opal shop, chocolate and cigar shop and the usual street hawkers. The other in Cabo San Lucas, a boat tour to see El Arco connecting to a bus tour to a scenic point and back to a glass blowing factory. Both tours were worth the price to see a slice of the culture and beauty of the areas. Disembarkation was more of a mess. We were in the 9 am group. I believe we were actually off the ship before 9:30. Our group was called at 8:30 but the standing around in the queue to leave was a very tough wait. Also, ALL of the public area restrooms were closed. We had to return to our cabin at 8:00 to use the restroom, but it had already been serviced, we used it anyway.

The ship was too big.

ac7ss’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Bliss price drops

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BX
Great cabin. I previously had only sailed with inside cabins and the increase in space was liberating. Moving to the balcony cabin gave us a sofa and room to stretch out. It was lovely being able to sit on our balcony and watch the sunrise/set in peace. This particular cabin had the bed close to the bath and cabin door with the sofa near the balcony. Furniture was on the aft wall, walkway on the forward. There is no drop down bunk above the sofa in this cabin.
The balcony is semi private. From the rail you can see some of the outer balconies and down into the Q restaurant. Seated, you are shielded from other eyes.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins