• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

ac7ss
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Oct 2019
Cabin: Balcony Stateroom

As the title says, I felt that the ship was too large. I am accustomed to sailing on smaller ships, particularly the NCL Jewel class. The Bliss has twice the passenger capacity. Don't get me wrong, they did design it so that you didn't have overcrowding, in fact it felt less crowded than the smaller ships. This is due to being well planned out. More public space (observation lounge) and dining. I never had to search for a seat in the buffet or the "Pub" as I did on the smaller ships. The drawback was that I didn't see anybody more than once and didn't make any friends on this cruise.

Embarkation was long, but that was just the queue for check in, no waiting around the terminal, pretty much a simple walk on to the ship after check in process. Our cabin was ready by about 2 pm and bags were there before dinner.

The cabin was well positioned, just forward of the elevators and only 2 decks above the common areas.

Balcony Stateroom

Great cabin. I previously had only sailed with inside cabins and the increase in space was liberating. Moving to the balcony cabin gave us a sofa and room to stretch out. It was lovely being able to sit on our balcony and watch the sunrise/set in peace. This particular cabin had the bed close to the bath and cabin door with the sofa near the balcony. Furniture was on the aft wall, walkway on the forward. There is no drop down bunk above the sofa in this cabin.

The balcony is semi private. From the rail you can see some of the outer balconies and down into the Q restaurant. Seated, you are shielded from other eyes.

Port Reviews

Mazatlan

Very little at the port, but some reasonable shops in the port building. There is a mini mart (Oxxo) about a block off of the port.

10 Helpful Vote