3. Marella Explorer 2
We flew from Manchester to Naples and were expecting the worst after reading the reviews however, thinking back I personally think the reviews were harsh. The walk is about 5 minutes away and if you have any issues, staff were on hand to assist. We embarked smoothly and were able to go to our cabins immediately so could freshen up before exploring. We knew the ship was an older ship but it’s been refurbished very well and every where was spotless with hand sanitizers placed strategically. We had a 2 week cruise and I definitely didn’t want to leave and would have loved to continue with the ship to Croatia for another week! All food on board was of a very high standard and a big shout out to Surf &Turf, loved our meals in there - book early if you can, gets booked up quickly. We didn’t try the Fine dining experience but will do that next time :) The staff on board were incredible, big shout out to Kushan who assisted on the pool deck during the day and in Aperitif at night, Marc who was on hand in the Squid & Anchor and Joko who looked after our cabin. It had great colour coding on stairwells and the Captain was clear on all aspects especially the ‘pointy end’. The shows on board in the Broadway Lounge were fantastic with Cogs being my favourite. The bands were great and the silent disco ....... what fun. We participated in a number of quizzes but maybe these could be reduced to a couple per day but this is not a negative, just my opinion. A few ports were industrial but didn’t detract from the excursions if you chose to do them. Disembarkation was smooth and as we also flew with TUI, our luggage was bonded and a plus for me. I am not sure why I thought this cruise would not be as previous cruises but I was very pleasantly surprised and will definitely look to book on again.

Way better than expectation

Marella Explorer 2 Cruise Review by LeesiaW

The bands were great and the silent disco ....... what fun.

LeesiaW’s Full Rating Summary
Get Marella Explorer 2 price drops

Although smaller than on some ships, everything is well appointed with plenty of storage space, large bed which could be separated if necessary and comfortable. There were a number of sockets and even a hidden couple in the electric cupboard!