Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by louiepie

• Sail Date: Sep 2019
  • Destination: the Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Looking forward to Amsterdam and Iceland. Booked >400 days before the sail date. We had 4 fabulous days in London before sailing. We planned private excursions at every port at great expense. Embarkation went smoothly since I'm a gold latitudes member. The ship had only 2018 passengers and was in need of upgrading. The cabin was small. Meals at the paid restaurants were excellent. Other than breakfasts, other meals we're not so good, except at the blue lagoon. The meat was consistently tough. Entertainment was great, especially acoustic soul brothers. Cabin service was excellent and room service was on time and hot. The servers were attentive and pleasant. The original itinerary already had 3 stops in Norway which would have been plenty. When 2 more stops in Norway were added, it got quite redundant. Missing Amsterdam, then Le Havre, then the two stops in Iceland, then Scotland before finally docking g at Belfast was extremely disappointing. It was also very costly since we had prepaid for private excursions at each of these stops. As changes were being made to our itinerary, we managed to book excursions at the new ports only to have them also canceled.

There was a very disruptive group of unhappy passengers that intimidated the rest of the passengers and crew. My travel companions and I avoided the atrium, the gathering place for the protesters, as much as possible. Overall, my friends and I made the most of a troubling situation but are not satisfied with the offer of 25% toward a future cruise. We've had financial losses that we can't recover and a cruise that didn't even remotely resemble the planned trip. Although I appreciate the captain’s efforts to keep the passengers and crew safe, I feel that more should be done to make up for the extreme changes to the long-awaited cruise.

louiepie's Full Rating Summary

Balcony

Too small. I had to lift luggage over the end of the bed to get to the other side of the cabin. Not enough shelves for clothes. Otherwise, our attendant, Emman, made it very comfortable.

louiepie