3. Viking Star
We were looking for a special way to celebrate our 35th anniversary and decided on the Viking Mediterranean Odyssey. Neither of us had ever been to Europe and it had always been a dream of mine. We had heard so much good about Viking that we decided to go for it! Had a rough start-flight was cancelled and arrived late missing Venice...but that wasn't on Viking. Once on board, it was all good! The atmosphere on board was instantly calming and made it easy to forget the beginning and enjoy the ship and all the great ports. Our excursions were all very interesting with knowledgeable guides. Viking thinks of everything that you could possibly need and more! I especially enjoyed the breadsticks and limoncello after an all day excursion in Rome. The staff was so attentive and knowledgeable. Our room was kept spotless, the food was unbelievable and there were so many places on the ship to relax and unwind. I was also a big fan of afternoon tea in the Wintergarden. I will never cruise on one of the megaships again -- the size of the Viking ship was perfect. No pushing your way through the casino crowd after dinner or manuevering through the shoppers trying to get a "deal". This was hands-down the best trip ever!

Viking Didn't Disappoint

Viking Star Cruise Review by gordosgone15

gordosgone15’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Star price drops

Great location! Quiet and in the center of everything.