3. Crown Princess
This ship is in terrible shape. Carpets are worn and faded, beside being dirty. The elevator doors are all scraped and peeling. Our cabin steward was less than honest. The food was average and the same as all Princess cruises. Nothing new. Cruise director staff was very inexperienced. Elevators were under constant repair. The entertainment was actually above average. Wait staff in the dining room were a joke. Assistant waiter did not know if a fish dish was baked or fried. Neither did the waiter. No consistency from day to day. There were ports I have not been to previously were on itinerary. I enjoy repositioning cruises thar take me home to Ft. Lauderdale.`Unfortunately on the second leg of cruise we missed a third of the ports due to weather. No contingency plan for missed ports. Had to stop in Madeira to drop off a patient. We should have stayed a day to make up for missing Portland or that Azores, but did not. Turning the last 8 days of cruise to "sea" days.

Old, tired ship

Crown Princess Cruise Review by Hfriedman1

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview (obstructed view)
This ship is in terrible shape. Carpets are worn and faded, beside being dirty.

The elevator doors are all scraped and peeling.

Our cabin steward was less than honest.

The food was average and the same as all Princess cruises. Nothing new.

Cruise director staff was very inexperienced.

Elevators were under constant repair.

The entertainment was actually above average.

Hfriedman1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Crown Princess price drops

Oceanview (obstructed view)
Cabin OV
Way too small. 2 overhead berths made it very difficult to get into bed as they blocked the side of the bed. No chair for just sitting. Only chair was for the desk. Carpet was old and worn. Bed linens were stained. No hot water for 4 days. Lukewarm was the best they could do. It took the chief engineer to solve the problem. Window was filthy the whole cruise.
Emerald Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins