Norwegian Sun Cruise Review
2,215 Reviews

Impersonal staff, poor food and entertainment

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by O.Lemons

• Sail Date: Oct 2019
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony

I chose this cruise mostly because of the dates of sailing and the location. I heard/read good reviews for NCL, but this specific ship did not live up to my expectations.

The food was not great, mediocre at best. The entertainment was also pretty bad. The main entertainment-dancers, singers and comedian that were chosen for the nightly shows were not nearly as good as the performers you could find in the smaller bars/atrium. We mostly hung out in the Windjammer Bar because that was where the true talent on the ship was.

The stateroom attendants never once introduced themselves to us, although they were in and out of our rooms constantly throughout the day. On other cruiselines you know who your attendants are.

We did have one good, more personable waiter in the dining room, so that was nice. But most of the staff on the ship was not personable and did not make us feel welcome or "at home" like other cruises did in the past. The customer service just was nowhere near the level that I would have expected it to be.

There weren't a whole lot of great activities to do, which didn't bother me during the day but at night it could get boring when there isn't much going on--especially since the main stage shows were lower quality.

O.Lemons's Full Rating Summary

Mid-Ship Balcony

The cabin was fine. The only problem I had was not having any kind of communication with the stateroom attendant. One time we asked him for coffee and he never brought it. It was the only time we asked for anything since he never delivered or spoke to us.

This was a fun excursion. We enjoyed it.

View All undefined undefined Reviews

This was fun, but not quite worth the price we paid. The pigs are huge and can be aggressive. That is a little bit to be expected, but there were no "cute" medium sized pigs that could swim. It's not like the pictures you see from the island of Exuma.

View All undefined undefined Reviews