3. Norwegian Sun
Not the best cruise I've been on. We have sailed on Norwegian before, and looked forward to doing so again. The embarkation process was smooth and easy, but that was the best part. The food was mediocre at best, especially in the buffet which had limited choices and was usually very crowded. They only use paper straws, which makes enjoying a frozen drink impossible as they collapse half way through. The only smoking area (besides the casino) is at the very top of the ship - so windy you couldn't enjoy. There wasn't a lot of fun activities. The announcements by the cruise director were impossible to understand due to the poor accent. The weather prevented us from disembarking at Great Stirrup Cay which we were looking forward to. I would have expected a refund of our port fees, but after repeated requests, that never happened. Unlikely I will choose Norwegian in the future.

Not the best cruise I've been on

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by waltsgal

• Sail Date: October 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony
waltsgal’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sun price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BB 9028
The balcony room was small - you couldn't get the luggage past the bed without lifting it over the bed. Most of the times the announcements were not audible in the room - we had to ope the door to listen from the hallway.
Viking Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins