3. Crystal Ravel
Crystal met us at the airport, helped us with luggage to their coach (bus), and had our cabin ready early. The staff (with only a few exceptions) were overwhelmingly helpful and friendly. We had put the provided tags on our luggage, so once we left the airport we didn't have to worry with it until it showed up in our cabin--and pretty quickly at that. The Butler service would have unpacked for us but we preferred to do that ourselves. My husband asked for several shirts to be pressed (complimentary service) and they were done well. There was always some type of food and beverage available. Meals were very good. The dining room wait staff was always nice and didn't show stress, although it is the one area where I thought they might be slightly understaffed. Service was still very good. Shore excursions were mostly great, with included choices as well as "pay extra" choices. Guides were all good, and the majority were Excellent. One of us did a couple of bike tours and those were great as well. The only excursion I wish we would have skipped was a horse show near Budapest. It was fine, but had we known more about it we would have preferred to spend more free time in Budapest instead. Tours travel on Crystal's buses which seem brand new and are very nice. Loved the Listening Devices as I have always struggled to hear tour guides. Popular tours sometimes had a few more people in each group than I would have preferred but the listening devices made it feel more intimate. I had a relaxing massage on board, and a friend had a more deep tissue massage. Masseuse rating: 5 stars. There were a few entertainment "extras" which were excellent. And the adorable couple who entertained nightly on board the ship were each talented and fun. Loved them! We loved the low number of passengers (106 max) and high staff ration. Most passengers were in the 50-70 age range. Never seemed crowded; never had to wait in line. We are already thinking of which Crystal River Cruise to do next!

Danube on the Crystal Ravel

Crystal Ravel Cruise Review by Chickadee88

• Sail Date: October 2019
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: River Suite Deluxe with Panoramic Balcony-Window

We are already thinking of which Crystal River Cruise to do next!
Chickadee88’s Full Rating Summary
Get Crystal Ravel price drops

River Suite Deluxe with Panoramic Balcony-Window
Cabin S2 222
We were very pleased with the cabin. The king-size bed, the fabulous panoramic window that opens to make your cabin feel like a balcony, the double sinks and excellent shower, the closet, and the overall spacious feel. It's still a cruise ship cabin, but didn't feel as small as most.

Also, the soundproofing is very good. Our neighbor (whose TV was on a shared wall with our cabin) told us they watched a loud movie, but we never heard anything,
Seahorse Deck Suite Cabins