3. Pride of America
The overall cruise was pretty good. The customer service I received prior to boarding was terrible. It makes me mad enough that I can only rate the overall cruise as a 2 (poor). My wife is a greencard holder and mistakenly forgot her card. Upon arriving to Honolulu, we realized this and called Norwegian Customer Service due to the wording of what is needed on Norwegian’s website (one location on the website states a greencard holder needs the card on all cruises (incorrect) and another location says you do not for Hawaiian cruises(correct)). I told the customer service person of our situation and what cruise line we were on. The customer care representative put me on hold to check if my wife would need her card. She told me she checked with her supervisor and you indeed needed the card. She said there would be no way to board and no refund. I figured it was my loss and almost walked away. Especially so, since she said there wasn’t a point for me to go try to get on, since she knows it wouldn’t be possible. Adamantly, I checked with security and was told I do not need it and was able to board. I checked with 3 different security staff members and another person we greeted while embarking. Every person I spoke to confirmed that a greencard holder only needs their state drivers license or another form of government issued ID, since this cruise is an inter island cruise. I almost missed out on this cruise because of some misinformation told by a Norwegian Customer Service Representative who even claimed to ask her supervisor, since she was not sure. If I didn’t check with security, I wouldn’t have known we could have boarded and I would have missed out on the cruise. Very infuriating since I assume this must happen once in a while and those people might have walked away and not even known they were told an inaccurate answer. As for the cruise itself, it was a nice cruise. The ship is on the older side but it is kept well. The staff for the most part are very friendly and helpful. Some staff in the Aloha buffet used stinky rags to wipe tables down so there was a large section other passengers tried to avoid using due to the smell. Food on the cruise ship was okay. Not terrible but not awesome. The food you pay extra for was pretty good though. Disembarkation was kind of chaotic and took a bit longer than what I am used to. However, it wasn’t bad enough to ruin my positive experience with the cruise itself.

Customer care that doesn’t actually know anything

Pride of America Cruise Review by Cruising6282

• Sail Date: October 2019
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Family Inside

Cruising6282’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian (NCL) Pride of America price drops

Family Inside
Cabin I1 8195
Made did a great job at keeping my room clean and was friendly every time we spoke to him.
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins