3. Pride of America
I thought it would be an awesome way to see some of the Hawaiian Islands. The room was very nice. Service to our room wasn't great. Our room attendant had the suites upstairs and wasn't around much. The room service we ordered in one night was amazing and came very timely. La Cucina restaurant food was terrible and the service was poor. Our waitress had an attitude. You really need a new cook in this restaurant. The Moderno was amazing. Service and Food both amazing. We couldn't use our third specialty restaurant night because we didn't want to eat at 9:30 at night. I don't thing the carefree dining exists. If you don't make your reservations ahead of time you will not have good times to eat period! and you might not even get into the restaurant you want. The excursions..... This started our cruise off wrong, we went to the service desk to inquire about on of our excursions and found out that the horseback riding was weight based. Interestingly the weights are on all other excursions, ie...can't be over 275 or 250 pounds etc... BUT not the horseback riding. I was so excited for it. WELL, the weights were very low and I didn't make the cut and didn't know this would be an issue until day one of the cruise. SO it was very upsetting for my weight to be thrown in my face at the desk in front of everyone instead of in the quiet of my own home. IF you are doing this excursion you need to be fit and thin. I can't remember the chart but for 5'6 inches you had to be under 180lbs... YOU HAVE to fix this problem with not having the info on the website for booking. Its not your fault how much people weight but it is completely a Norwegian customer service issue to continue to embarrass and make people feel bad once they board the ship excited for their plans only to have to cancel. I literally cried at the desk because I felt so bad. I didn't need to start my cruise like this and it is completely your fault. I could have looked at the weights and heights at home and not booked the excursion, picked something else and avoided the first day on the ship being ruined. So THANKs for ruining my first day. It was Hawaii though so I got better quick and let it go. It is wrong on many fronts the way you handle this excursion. Michael Masci in the pink flamingo lounge was so amazing and included the guests. He was so personable and just a wonderful person. The staff was so friendly on the boat. Honestly I just wish we had more time. The day we toured the Na'apali coast it was foggy and rainy and we didn't get to see it so that was a HUGE let down and bummer...but you can't control the weather. WE made the best of eat with food and drinks on the ship. The massage was very nice that we got and I really enjoyed it. Overall, once I recovered from my hurt and embarassment day one, it was nice. There needs to be improvements with dining options that aren't at bedtime and improvements with the horseback riding excursion information. Its so simple, but the chart they gave me on the website under excursion info! SERIOUSLY get this fixed so no one else has to go thru this. Its a sensitive private issue, allow people the courtesy of dealing with it in their own home. Oh and it took an hour or more to get off the ship....so be prepared for that. Go down early if you want right off, if you wait until after 8:30 you will be in a line around the ship for over an hour...uggh. But it is what it is, they have to get everyone off. The staff was trying so hard to help everyone. Cruising the Hawaiian Islands this was was so amazing. WE got to see so much. It was my first Norwegian cruise and I enjoyed the drink package. the dining was rough because we didn't make many plans ahead of time believing the easy dining title.... MAKE reservations or you won't get what you want. You have to plan out your dining ahead. I would do Norwegian again, the service really was great overall, only a few issues. SKIP LA CUINA restaurant. So thanks to all who made the cruise wonderful and please fix the couple issues and it would be excellent!

Hawaii is amazing! The ship was very nice.

Pride of America Cruise Review by kris10mom

• Sail Date: October 2019
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

kris10mom’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian (NCL) Pride of America price drops

Balcony
Cabin BC 11042
Very nice, very little but all good and in working order.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins